Simple question for austrian statists, minarchists - regarding resurrection of the state

I just had a thought, which I have posted on mises.org forums as well; probably people had similar or same arguments. Just wanna test it and make it very simple.

If we as austrians know that monopoly in free markets is impossible, and of course today inefficient

(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOBD6v8g1F4 

The Development of the Theory of Monopoly Price: From Carl Menger to Vernon Mund (pdf) by Joseph T. Salerno, September 2003

Fear of Monopoly by Brad Edmonds, March 2001

What's Wrong with Monopoly (the game)? by Benjamin Powell, February 2004

The Question of the Cable Monopoly by D.W. MacKenzie, August 2003

The Development of the Theory of Monopoly Price: From Carl Menger to Vernon Mund (pdf) by Joseph T. Salerno, September 2003

Monopoly and Competition in Money (pdf) by James Rolph Edwards, 1980

The Political Economy of Monopoly (pdf) by Fritz Machlup, 1952

The Myth of Natural Monopoly by Thomas J. DiLorenzo, May 2011)

, how is than state - a legal monopoly of force in given geographical area, gonna form again in a voluntary, free society and free markets? And how is it desirable?

Monopoly can not and will not form in free market society, therefore state will not re-form.

Monopoly isn't a problem so long as there are no barriers to entry into the market.

A 'market monopoly' may refer to a situation in which economies of scale provide a cost advantage to a firm only because it was first to arrive on the scene, but that isn't a type of monopoly that should concern anybody.

See my previous post on "natural monopoly." It's largely a bogus concept, but you have to ask people what they mean by it.

Ugh nonono.

Which type of monopoly because a natural monopoly is entirely possible in a free market.  That doesn't make it good.

Right, right, like  Alan Chapman said, I can theoretically understand that there could be natural monopoly but I am wondering if it is practically possible in any bigger scale, globally is clearly impossible, continental also, in territories of today states.. maaaybe, maybe, but in my opinion highly unlikely. Probably you could have some dominant agency, but not a monopoly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.