what questins to ask yourself about your history?

saveyourself1

What are my first memories of feelings? When do I first remember joy? When do I first remember fear? When do I first remember anger? What are my first memories of sadness? What happened that caused these feelings? What happened when I expressed these feelings? What did I need? What did I want? What did I get? Did I feel heard, seen, acknowledged? When did I feel like I existed for people? When did I feel invisible? What was my experience of love and being loved? How well do I love myself now, and what or who in my childhood taught me this? If I have a very strong feeling in the present, when do I remember feeling something similar in childhood? With whom, and what was happening?

when did i feel like i existed for people.... this such a straining question...after meditating on almost half a dozen examples pretty easily i think its safe to say actually i know its safe to say that the reason its so straining and so foggy of a question is at least partly because of its overwhelming presence

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What are my first memories of feelings? When do I first remember joy? When do I first remember fear? When do I first remember anger? What are my first memories of sadness? What happened that caused these feelings? What happened when I expressed these feelings? What did I need? What did I want? What did I get? Did I feel heard, seen, acknowledged? When did I feel like I existed for people? When did I feel invisible? What was my experience of love and being loved? How well do I love myself now, and what or who in my childhood taught me this? If I have a very strong feeling in the present, when do I remember feeling something similar in childhood? With whom, and what was happening?

Wow, thanks for posting this. I've got my journal prompts for the next while!

Other questions:

What were my favorite activites as a child? Which were encouraged and which were discouraged?

How did I think of myself/define myself as a kid? How did my parents think of me or describe me? Friends? Siblings?

How was I taught about sex and sexuality? What were my earliest experiences with sexuality?

What were my favorite toys and what emotions do I feel when I think of them now?  

How did I feel interacting with friends' parents? With my teachers? With teachers who I didn't personally know? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.