House of Cards - Netflix

twoms

So I checked out "House of Cards" on Netflix only because it's the first streaming service original series (that I'm aware of), but I have to say the writers are on the pulse of FDR whether they know it or not. It all takes place in D.C. with all the characters being members of or agents for the Federal govt. It totally nails how only the most potent, concentrated psychopaths/sociopaths succeed. Kevin Spacey's the main character. He is not acting to the level that you may be familiar seeing him, but it's good. I'm still not sure in the second episode whether or not they're glorifying the system or knocking it, but it's doing a great job of showing how the most evil and cunning human predators rise to the very top. So far in the story it's pshycopath on psychopath agression. It's like an all-star game. Had to post about it before I continue watching.  Anyone else seen this?

So I checked out "House of Cards" on Netflix only because it's the first streaming service original series (that I'm aware of), but I have to say the writers are on the pulse of FDR whether they know it or not. It all takes place in D.C. with all the characters being members of or agents for the Federal govt. It totally nails how only the most potent, concentrated psychopaths/sociopaths succeed. Kevin Spacey's the main character. He is not acting to the level that you may be familiar seeing him, but it's good. I'm still not sure in the second episode whether or not they're glorifying the system or knocking it, but it's doing a great job of showing how the most evil and cunning human predators rise to the very top. So far in the story it's pshycopath on psychopath agression. It's like an all-star game. Had to post about it before I continue watching.  Anyone else seen this?

Personally, I really enjoyed the movie version of House of Cards. But for a completely different reason. :-)

My wife and I are partway through it, and we're enjoying it. The ideas discussed within FDR are a spice that enhance the flavor of fiction.

Incidentally, Netflix did an original series previously called Lilyhammer. Similar to House of Cards, it's about thugs, but since the main character is a Mafioso, he's perhaps more relatable than a politician. [;)]

My wife and I are really enjoying House of Cards, we're on epidsode five.

I'm hoping they introduce a Paul/Kuccinich type character they can crap on.

There's a British version released about 15 years ago, same name, that is also very good and highly recommended. Instead of Underhill the congressman it Urqhart in the English legislature.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.