Medication doesn’t help ADHD children

SimonF

Ninety per cent of children with ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) are not being helped by medication.  The drugs do not improve symptoms such as hyperactivity and inattention, and the children may as well not be taking them, new research has found.
Nine out of 10 children with moderate to severe ADHD saw no improvement in their symptoms, even six years after diagnosis and after taking medication.  Symptoms were the same in children taking drugs and those who weren’t.
Researchers from the John Hopkins Children’s Centre made the discovery after they tra......

http://www.wddty.com/medication-doesn-t-help-adhd-children.html

Absolutley they do not work at all.  My bestest friend in the whole wide world was diagnosed with ADHD and they were on medication for many years.  It definitely didn't help them.  I'm not sure if they're on them or not... I only met them online and the person was also my partner for 2 years and 2 months.  Unfortunately we had some problems and well I do not feel comfortable discussing our situation on this forum in full detail.  I know he was on Concerta and Zoloft... they were not doing well for him.  I was originally gonna go into some detail about him, but no I decided not to.  For now the person will be kept anonymous.   Surprisingly I do consider them a best friend still, it's just that we are going through problems at this time and perhaps one day we will resolve them.  If they're reading this, he should get in touch with me on here.  AND I think the person should totally join this forum.  The person would learn a lot of stuff from this forum.

So yeah when I was involved this person, they said the medication was not helping them at all.  The person said it was changing their personality.

Oh I also had a friend I had since junior high school and he was diagnosed with ADD (now I heard they did away with that diagnosis and now it's just ADHD).  He was on Ritalin and it definitely affected as he got older.  He is no longer on the medication and I dunno if he was on Ritalin in high school... I read they used different meds by that.  I did try one of his meds and it was really really bad.  It made me feel really disoriented and I was drowsy from the medication.  Anyhow, that guy went on to do drugs like cocaine... I haven't been in touch with him for nearly 10 years.

So yeah... ADHD meds do not help at all.  Sometimes (like my former friend since junior high school) it leads to heavy drugs.

Absolutley they do not work at all.  My bestest friend in the whole wide world was diagnosed with ADHD and they were on medication for many years.  It definitely didn't help them.  I'm not sure if they're on them or not... I only met them online and the person was also my partner for 2 years and 2 months.  Unfortunately we had some problems and well I do not feel comfortable discussing our situation on this forum in full detail.  I know he was on Concerta and Zoloft... they were not doing well for him.  I was originally gonna go into some detail about him, but no I decided not to.  For now the person will be kept anonymous.   Surprisingly I do consider them a best friend still, it's just that we are going through problems at this time and perhaps one day we will resolve them.  If they're reading this, he should get in touch with me on here.  AND I think the person should totally join this forum.  The person would learn a lot of stuff from this forum.

So yeah when I was involved this person, they said the medication was not helping them at all.  The person said it was changing their personality.

Oops said the person was a he... that's no problem.  I was gonna edit it and then I didn't know there was a time limit for editing messages.  I hope he doesn't get upset by telling you all that he was on those meds.  I think he has mentioned that he's on those meds on another forum or even multiple forums.

They aren't supposed to help children. They're supposed to help lazy parents.

And fishing lures are designed to attract fishermen.

They aren't supposed to help children. They're supposed to help lazy parents.

And fishing lures are designed to attract fishermen.

Haha, true, but I know with me ADHD is a real personality trait.

• 1 year later...

Did anyone notice that the website submitted as evidence had at least three articles that contradicted the others? Look carefully at the other articles and also consider the nature and mission of that particular web site.

There have been lots of studies on efficacy of stimulant meds for people with ADHD that contradict these studies. I happen to have ADHD myself and have a very profound understanding of the condition and the prevailing treatments. I assure you it is real and stimulant medications can have a possitive effect for some people. The condition can be crippling to both children and adults and we need to be committed to understanding it before dismissing it as either a symptom of child abuse or a product of pharmacological propaganda.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.