Put On Your Plastic Pants First, Because This Will Creep The Crap Out Of You!

Guest spam dumpster

Guest spam dumpster

Okay, so this isn't long enough to be a book.  But, it it's too fictional to be an article or essay.  It's a shorty story, and I'm sure its whopping seven pages will keep you up all night, but not because seven pages makes it long.  You can try to leave the lights on when you read, but that won't help.  You can tell yourself it's only a story, but you'll know better.

Please do discuss your thoughts, interpretations, and reviews in the thread, but please don't read others' thoughts, interpretations, and reviews before you've read it yourself.  Failure to comply will result in your potentially ruining the story for yourself.

Enjoy!: http://literature.underceej.co.uk/isntagame/

Guest spam dumpster

There's just no way I'm going to read white serif font on black background.

Yet you read the eye-burning black font on a white background of this forum, eh?

Guest spam dumpster

it's actually a sans-serif font, but, yes. Black on white is not as bad.

I think most people would rather not read off a light bulb.  In order to appease this majoriy, I try to make my site easy on the eyes.

Not trying to further distract from your message, but do you really think 99% of website makers have this wrong? Apple, Microsoft, they all have usability experts that they pay to tell them that black on white is better. They do soften the contrast just little bit, more like very dark color on a lightish background, and they put some darker colors around their content window so only the text area is highlighted, but dark on light is the consensus for the content.

Why light text on dark background is a bad idea

When to Use White Text on a Dark Background

If you want to stick with light on dark, maybe try soften the contrast a little bit.

Guest spam dumpster

Yes.  Yes, I do think 99% of publishers have it wrong.  Staring at a bright screen and staring at a lightbulb feel exactly the same to most people. I'm responding to demand. It hurts their eyes and causes headaches.  As a migraineur, I'm not going to subject people to those pains. I know how it feels.

Please keep further discussion about the story itself and not about the font.  You're derailing the subject and turning potential readers away.

You're derailing the subject and turning potential readers away.

It was your choice to debate this, you could have said "OK, thanks" and I would not have argued. Since you kept arguing the point, it was you and not me who derailed the subject.

Oh, and don't tell me what to do. Not cool.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.