My music

I've listened to Keep Moving On several times. I love Erin's voice. The song is well done, the lyrics interesting. I like your playing.

One thing I found was the first solo section was too insulated from the rest of the song, it didn't feel quite integral. I think what was missing for me is a certain interplay between the players and the change from a wide spectrum to a narrow one for that one part, Then the other solo guitar came in on the right channel and widened the mix nicely.

Gilded Dreams seems a more personal, reflective song. It was pretty dense imagery, that is a lot of words. Not as accessible as KMO.

Looking forward to new songs.

Thanks for the feedback.  I am used to performing all these songs solo, and am still learning about the recording project.  Do you mean that the guitar solo didn't fit with the music because of the mix or texture or rhythm or something else?

The "players" are all me btw...lol

Thanks for the feedback.  I am used to performing all these songs solo, and am still learning about the recording project.  Do you mean that the guitar solo didn't fit with the music because of the mix or texture or rhythm or something else?

The "players" are all me btw...lol

I figured it was all you on the instruments. Good job.

And i think that may be the source of my critique, that there isn't the interplay that would come from several players.

After listening again I think the tone of the first solo was too brittle sounding for my taste, and after hearing Erin's warm voice it was a big difference. But that is my personal feeling.

Now, getting down to the absurd, at 2:01-2, did you mean to play that quarter tone note? Sounded a bit sour to me (but now I'm nitpicking. I can't play that well) you do a bend up, but it doesn't sound quite right. It may have been deliberate in which case, nevermind.

I've listened to KMO 10 times now and still like as well as I did the first time.

I do recording at home. It can be a tedious process, nothing but detail after detail. So good on you for coming up with such a nice song

• 1 month later...

i like this , chillin , ive always got time for a good rythemy female voice. ive just began down the recording path , drums primarily , its costly in money , time and energy but im really enjoying it .After slowly gathering equipment and knowledge ,  Im at the point were ive jus learnt to EQ things to a nice level. im sure im growing a sense of identity haa

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.