I dont like how my mind works at times

marius

Hi Philosophers,

Ever since I was young, I found logics, probability andmaths easy to understand, almost instinctive, but I don’t like how it all comestogether for bigger problems.

Attempt at describing the problem:

Often times cant think of an answer at the required time.

For example:

Q: “What don’t you like about religion?”

Often i will answer in a good enough way, but sometimes it doesnt match my own standards.

I’m studying engineering in first year, so I feel thisproblem is disappearing, but I want to speed it up and make sure its goingwell.

The question is where should I start so that I think moreclearly?

I heard Stefan’s speech in NYC, and I started thinking thatI have this problem about organization of thoughts. I have some books on Logic:

Critical Thinking = Bassham  I  Irwin I  Nardone  I  Wallace

Understanding Arguments = Walter Sinnott-Armstrong : DartmouthCollege & Robert J. Fogelin : Dartmouth College

I know approximately what they contain, and I plan to readthem more in detail. If you have any suggestions please add them.

To use figurative speaking which often helps: I want tobuild shelves and automatic ladders in my brain.

I feel I can’t communicate convincingly if my own mind isnot ordered. I’m trying to bring structure to my thoughts, im gettingfrustrated often times in arguments with certain people, they are at fault forsure, but I should be in control and have an answer anyway.

Im also working at self knowledge, which this is part of.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.