Is Kevin Spacey for peaceful parenting!?

zg7666

Maybe we could contact him, I have already applauded him for this post - 

- Kevin Spacey

'Do not train children to learn by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each' - Plato

Most people don't believe that they are harsh and forceful with children even when they definitely are, or they have a million and a half excuses or call things grey areas etc. Maybe I'm being needlessly pessimistic, but I know people who don't spank and yet are very controlling or innapropriate or an infinite number of other ways that they treat children like their not people. I don't know much about him, and maybe Kevin Spacey is (or would be) a great advocate child advocate, but I'm not convinced by a quote by Plato.

Sorry to be a wet blanket

I must agree with Kevin B. What most people will read from that quote is that parents should let their children choose between football and baseball or between Spanish or French classes in the public school they send them to.

EDIT: Not to mention... if there's a peaceful parent behind that posting, maybe we should be contacting Spacey's publicist. [:P]

I must agree with Kevin B. What most people will read from that quote is that parents should let their children choose between football and baseball or between Spanish or French classes in the public school they send them to.

EDIT: Not to mention... if there's a peaceful parent behind that posting, maybe we should be contacting Spacey's publicist. /emoticons/emotion-4.gif

Ha ha ha, that might be completely true :D

'Do not train children to learn baseball or football, by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of their genius in each' - bbeljefe

'Do not train children to learn baseball or football, by force and harshness, but direct them
to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to
discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of their genius in each' - bbeljefe

Haha. When I found out that my boy didn't care anyhting at all about baseball or football, I was the happiest man on the planet. [:D]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.