What American Female Mental Issues Mean For You

kalmia

http://www.returnofkings.com/14113/what-american-female-mental-issues-mean-for-you

I’ve been beating the self-improvement drum here on the manosphere for some time now. From promoting the consistent questioning of what you bring to the table to outlining the need to build effortless attraction, the theme I’ve advocated for is clear: young men need to consistently identify their faults and, through doing so, take control over their own romantic futures.

Left out of this discussion, however, are a few crucial realities that relate to things that even those most devoted to the cause of self-improvement will find entirely out of their control. The first of the realities relates to our culture, which is inherently hostile to many of the goals sought by the self-improving male. The second and less well detailed reality relates to the mental state of those that so many of us seek to approach romantically.

Posted Image

As I put quite simply many months ago, many young American women are simply not alright in the head:

The USA has long had the highest rates of mental illness in the world, but the latest reports on the extent of it are still pretty shocking: mental illness struck one in five U.S. adults in 2010.

Among the highlights, people in the 50-plus age bracket had the lowest incidence of any mental illness (14.3%), while those ages 18 to 25 had the highest, at 29.9%. Women had higher rates than men: 23% versus 16.8%.

When broken down by racial and ethnic groups, the highest rates of mental illness were seen among people who reported two or more races (25.4%), followed by whites (20.6%), blacks (19.7%), Native Americans or Alaska natives (18.7%), Hispanics (18.3%) and Asians (15.8%).

This is an important story for American men looking to maintain perspective: at least a quarter of the women you run into at any given time are not going to be alright upstairs. When you take into consideration that the highly sought after 18-25 demographic has even higher illness rates and that many of the mentally ill go undiagnosed, you could be looking at a vastly higher proportion of not-entirely-ok girls, possibly approaching 50%.

Alright, so that’s been said. What does all of this mean for you?

Continue article ...

• 4 weeks later...

Nice video dissecting the term "mental illness".  I will try to start mentally substituting "psychologically wounded" for "mentally ill" the next time I hear or read about someone who is depressed, anxious, etc.

The utter nihilism seen in so much of the manosphere, especially the large pick-up artist subsection of it, has always repulsed me every bit as much as the bull**** I hear from most feminists.  One aspect of Freedomain Radio that has always appealed to me is that it offers a much saner third option to these competing insanities.

Or am I being too harsh on most of the manosphere?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.