Deputies shoot man in his front yard

Alan C.

Deputies shoot man in his front yard

Middleton, 60, of the 200 block of Shadow Lawn Lane in Warrington, was shot in the leg about 2:42 a.m. Saturday while trying to retrieve a cigarette from his mother’s car in the driveway of their home.

A neighbor saw someone reaching into the car and called 911. While he was looking into the vehicle, deputies arrived in response to the burglary call.

Middleton said he was bent over in the car searching the interior for a loose cigarette when he heard a voice order him to, “Get your hands where I can see them.”

He said he initially thought it was a neighbor joking with him, but when he turned his head he saw deputies standing halfway down his driveway.

He said he backed out of the vehicle with his hands raised, but when he turned to face the deputies, they immediately opened fire.

“It was like a firing squad,” he said. “Bullets were flying everywhere.”

We may be better served by worrying less about the NSA and instead voluntarily giving as much personal information as possible to your neighbors.  Because all it takes is one phone call to fuck up your life.  Hey neighbor, here's what I look like, this is the car I drive, here is my phone number, here are pictures of my friends and family, these are my normal hours, here are some videos of common things you may see me doing around my yard, here are some audio recordings on noises which you may hear around my property…just for the love of god DON'T CALL THE COPS ON ME!!!  One lousy busybody peering out their blinds and a phone and next thing you know you're in the hospital or dead.

We may be better served by worrying less about the NSA and instead voluntarily giving as much personal information as possible to your neighbors.  Because all it takes is one phone call to fuck up your life.  Hey neighbor, here's what I look like, this is the car I drive, here is my phone number, here are pictures of my friends and family, these are my normal hours, here are some videos of common things you may see me doing around my yard, here are some audio recordings on noises which you may hear around my property…just for the love of god DON'T CALL THE COPS ON ME!!!  One lousy busybody peering out their blinds and a phone and next thing you know you're in the hospital or dead.

The problem there is you don't always know who your neighbors are anymore, and you don't know if you can trust them or not.

Right, which is why it might be a good idea to be proactively friendly to them.  I'm exaggerating the part about giving them all that info, but it certainly seems like a good idea to make sure they know who you are and that you're a nice person.

Of course the opposite is usually the case.  I say hello to my neighbors but I am not on a first name basis with them or anything.  But if it's a question of are these people going to be suspicious of me for any reason then you might have to get extra welcome wagonny on them.

Police fired 15 shots. Sheriff says it was a justifiable shooting; claims, "He did not comply."

My mind is running through some scenarios with this universalized.

Like:

I asked her to have sex with me and she didn't comply, so I shot her. Her non-compliance made it justified.

I pulled out my gun and asked if I could shoot him, and he didn't comply so I shot him. His non-compliance made it justified.

I asked if I could shoot his family and burn down his house, but he didn't comply so I shot him. His non-compliance made it justified. Time to ask his wife now to see if she will comply with my demands.

I'm sure they could get more absurd, but I will stop now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.