Administrations and their respective pursuit of monopolies

King David

Sure, it seems to me that various government administrations seek to secure a non-competitive advantage for a particular business interest in which their leading pundits are heavily invested in,  In the case of the Bush administration it was the corporation of Halliburton that received all the critical contracts for developing their Iraq oil they had just acquired from the Iraq Freedom campaign.  Clinton and Gore began the worldwide carbon tax campaign in which the Canadian Liberal pundits cashed in on by developing their interest in China's coal energy market...(I got this wrong in the original post, but as China opted out of Kyoto they would be free to corner the energy market while the west was mired in legislative taxes).  It seems that most of the legislation that an administration passes will secure a unfair market opportunity for their own business interests in the years following their opportunistic policy creation.  These are the ones that I am aware of but there are surely many more, if you are in the know of these scams please enlighten me.

We only need to look at the core supporters for each. I would put Democrats with Education, Labor, Environment, Medicine (Medicare/Medicaid/single payer), starving grandmas and other dependent classes. Republicans are with Religion, Financial, Military, Senior citizens that are not starving grandmas.

Each of these represents a current, developing, or potential monopoly by the government, leading to voter support and justification for ever expanding taxes to fund the circle-jerk. Example, Education is monopolized by legislative support for teachers unions, subsidized public schools, and subsidized student loans. Teachers, parents who rely on publics schools, and indebted students then reciprocate by supporting Dems and legislation authorizing theft to fund said efforts.

Agreed, there are scams in policy but I'm more interested in cataloguing s cams with the scammers.  Another example was Hitler's cronies making bedroom furniture when the state began financing bedroom furniture loans.  Or how about Hitler's car saving bonds LOL.  One of the greatest scams ever.

Or how about Cecil Rhodes and the De Beers Mining Company....so many things wrong with that dark page of history

great scams all of them,  pls add one if you think of it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.