Podcast/Internet Recommendations

Pepin

This thread is dedicated to providing great podcast and internet resources for members of Freedomain Radio. Feel free to recommend any of your favorite podcasts/sites and it will be added to the list. Just provide a general category and short description so that it can be organized properly. There is no stipulation on content, but please only recommend podcasts that are of high quality. If you are having a difficult time categorizing the content, then take a guess on what the author would prefer.

The current post is a bit of a work in progress.

Economics

• Alex Merced - A great resource for economics, libertarianism, and philosophy. He has quite the grasp on opposing economic theories and is able to explain many concepts very well.
  • EconTalk - A podcast about economic theory and concepts ranging from a wide array of resources.
  • Peak Prosperity - A site run by Chris Martenson, creator of the Crash Course series of videos.
  • Mises Institute - Named after the famous Austrian economist Ludwig von Mises, the site has a large number of ebooks and audio books available for free. Though the focus is primarily on economics, there is plenty of material on philosophy and history.

Education

• Khan Academy - A very popular education resource covering a very wide assortment of topics. The method of teaching is quite innovative.
  • Dr. Physics A - A youtube channel devoted to explain A level physics to quantum physics.
  • Crash Course - Ten to fifteen minute long videos aimed at giving you a basic education in subjects ranging from chemistry to world history.
  • Coursera - Over 400 free course from some of the best universities.

Financial

• Lets Talk Bitcoin - A podcast following the latest trends and ideas in digital currency. There is something for the casual and the technical user of digital currencies such as bitcoin.

History

• Hardcore History - A very in depth look at historical events.
  • School Sucks - A podcast devoted to redefining education. Many topics are covered ranging from the history of schooling, non-compulsory forms of education, self development, and peaceful parenting.

News

• The Onion - Hard hitting news when you need it.
  • Antiwar - Articles and a radio show all about spreading the message of peace.

Parenting

Personal Development

• Becoming Who You Are - As the title implies, the site aims to be a guide to authentic living. There is a podcast, books, and live coaching offered.
  • The Voluntary Life - A podcast that focuses on personal and business development. A lot of practical advice for anyone who is interested in going into the business world.

Philosophy

• Philosophy in Action - An Objectivist podcast that focuses on how to implement rationality in your everyday life. The majority of the shows are answering listener questions and interviews.
  • History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps - The title says it all. There is a lot of depth and it is a very good resource for anyone who is curious about the progression of human thought.

Psychology/Neuroscience

Relationships

• Porc Therapy - Though the term therapy is misleading, this is a show that focuses primarily on personal liberty and relationships.
  • Sex, Lies & Anarchy - A liberty oriented show where things get personal.

Science

• The Titanium Physicists - Though the podcast hosts are not coated in titanium, the show explains common and strange physical phenomenon in a way that is suitable for the everyday person.
  • StarTalk - A radio show hosted by Niel Degrass Tyson that is primarily about physics, astronomy. Neil's smooth voice will have you coming back for me.

Technology

• Eli The Computer Guy - Lessons in programmer and networking, reviews, business advice, and more.
  • Sovyrn Tech  - An anarchist-run show about science and technology, and how they can set you free.

The Renegade Variety Hour - http://therenegadevarietyhour.com/about/ - "Aims to disassociate from the misinformation that plagues society, and move beyond the mental confines that imprison us." It's about whatever is on their minds presently concerning liberty.

(I had said School Sucks, but I see now that you have that one, or perhaps you added it after I suggested it. Who knows what I missed while reading on my phone!)

thanks for starting this thread I'm sure it will prove very useful

Parenting

www.youtube.com/theprogressiveparent

No problem. Also, I believe The Progressive Parent channels belongs to you, so if you have a description of your own I'd be happy to add that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.