Nutritional Supplements? Suggestions and Discussion

SenorBuzco

Hey board! I was wondering if any of the members here had any suggestions or information in regards to supplements . I was doing alot of study about something called beyond tangy tangerine and it made me curious what else is out there. Im curious to hear your take on what works, why, what is good value, and any other general ideas in regards to nutritional supplements . Thanks!

As a person who works a desk job, I do not get enough vitamin d, so I take a 4,000 IU supplement with breakfast in the morning. Occasionally I have done rounds of now foods super enzymes, or a probiotic. I do a whey shake after working out whenever my workout doesn't end with dinner, which I usually work out before dinner, so that is rare.

In the past I have had a lot of experiments with various things including vitamins, BCAAs, Creatiine, Fat Burners, and many other things. In general, I now try to get my supplementation with food now as opposed to expensive supplements.

If I just looked up the right thing, this appears to be a multivitamin powder. If so, the main recommendation would be to take it with a good helping of healthier fats. With an olive oil dressing salad,  coconut oil cooked something, or with breakfast of eggs or other fattier foods. Most vitamins and nutrients are fat soluble and it is essential to consume fat in order to absorb the nutrients into your body, if not it just gets wasted. There have been several studies, for instance, that increased calcium consumption is inversely proportional to % calcium absorption, mainly because most calcium in higher quantities is consumed with low fat milk and cheese or with a supplement and water with no fat in the meal.

This also seems to be an energy supplement with the BCAAs and some CoQ10 in there. So as long as this is what you are using it for. The more stuff you have in there, the more expensive it is. Thus, if there are things you do not need you could probably get a less expensive supplement that does not have those things.

The only mild concern is the fructose, which I try to avoid as it id digested by the liver as opposed to the process used by other sugars. I do not understand why they added that sugar and then added insulin into the supplement to prevent changes in blood sugar. It seems a bit odd to me.

There are thousands of supplements. Are you trying to figure out what would be best for a person to take? It is totally dependent on what your lifestyle is like. I workout a lot so I take whey protein after and I take multivitamins in the morning. Essential nutrients (vitamins and minerals) are chemicals that the human body cannot produce and needs to take in from external sources. Every nutrient takes a different amount of time for the body to metabolize. Some leave the system within hours, others remain in your body for weeks. This means that certain vitamins and minerals are not needed as often as others.

Your body type will also determine rate of metabolization. Also, some nutrients can be taken safely in enourmous quantities far greater than the body needs (like vitamin B3), and others can cause harm in larger amounts (like iron). I don't know much about this so this is why I shy away from going insane with supplements. I take one multivitamin per day and I'm healthy. But if you are an athlete you may need more of certain nutrients depending on the sport.

There are also other newly popular supplements like Omega-3 which ARE essential but there is a lot of rave about their supposed added health benefits. There has been no conclusive proof that Omega-3 fatty acids have any benefit other than essential metabolism. Do your research before engaging in these fads. Not saying you are, but I'm just providing discussion material.

Consult a physician before starting a vitamin regiment if it's anything more than a men's once daily. My doctor had not seen Vit D levels as low as mine in 20 years of practice so I'm on about 15,000 IU and that puts me on the low-end normal range. I don't eat meat so I take a B supplement as well. Be careful if you take anything and try to get a professional opinion- particularly with diet pills or anything like that.

Broke cell wall chlorella is good for taking toxins out the body

I generally think the ingredients of health are lots of filtered water (get a water filter jug off amazon cheap, there are three main brands) to wash out the body, breath deeply and get lots of fresh air, sunlight whenever you can manage, raw vegetables every day to contain all the nutrients rather than to cook them out (organic is best), and sweating is another way the body purges toxins, exercise obviously

For suppliments Viridian is the best brand as they use top ingredients and neer include magnesium stearate unlike most suppliments, which some say is a bad compound to put in your body, they fill their capsules up with spirulina which is meant to be extremely healthy - but viridian tend to be more expensive as well so it depends on income

hope this helps in some way

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.