Philosophy West Coast Call • You're invited

PhilipJ

Looking for an opportunity to connect and get to know other FDR listeners?

You're invited to a new Philosophy West Coast Skype call (90 minutes) hosted by myself on Sundays in September at 11am PST (2 hours after the Sunday Call in Show ends).

Each Philosophy West Coast call* will have a particular topic and will be structured with timed rounds of sharing so everyone gets an opportunity to speak and share their thoughts without interruption.

• Round 1: Introductions (2+ minutes per person to introduce yourself to the group)
  • Round 2 : Topic Thoughts (4+ minutes per person)
  • Round 3: Open Discussion

This Sunday's (September 8th) call topic** will be:

Goodbye Therapy – When is our healing process finished?

Private message me via the Freedomain Radio forum to pre-register (max. 10 callers)

*Calls will be recorded.

**Please reply to this thread with any topic suggestions you have! :)

Posted Image

NEW Philosophy West Coast Skype call this Sunday, September 15th @ 11am PST (2 hours after the Sunday Call in Show ends)

Topic: Spreading Freedom - Celebrating Victories and Learning from Defeats*

Each Philosophy West Coast call** is centred around a weekly topic and will be structured with timed rounds of sharing so everyone gets an opportunity to speak and share their thoughts without interruption.

• Round 1: Introductions (2+ minutes per person to introduce yourself to the group)
  • Round 2 : Topic Thoughts (4+ minutes per person)

Private message me via the Freedomain Radio forum to pre-register (max. 10 callers)

*Please reply to this thread with any topic suggestions you have!  :)

**Calls will be recorded.

That sounds awesome! There is rarely a Sunday I don't have free, and unfortunately this sunday is one of them :(

I'd love to listen / participate in future West Coast calls!

I can't find my way to waking up at 7am on my day off. I was pretty bummed when they moved the Sunday show to the earlier time :(

I really like the format too. Seems like a great way to engage people in the call who might otherwise just listen and not talk.

As for topics I think would be cool to talk about are things mostly around courage, doing things that make you feel fulfilled and living a happy life. That sort of thing. But I'm also kind of a slut for philosophy, I like it all. Economics, politics, metaphysics, psychology etc. So I'm easy like sunday morning ;)

NEW Philosophy West Coast Skype call this Sunday, September 22nd @ 11am PST (2 hours after the Sunday Call in Show ends)

Topic: Goodbye Therapy – When is our healing process finished? (PART 2)*

Each Philosophy West Coast call** is centred around a weekly topic and will be structured with timed rounds of sharing so everyone gets an opportunity to speak and share their thoughts without interruption.

• Round 2: Topic Thoughts (3+ minutes per person)

*Please reply to this thread with any topic suggestions you have for future calls!   :)

Great call this week!

I'd really encourage others to try it :)

I can get anxious about this sort of thing, like what if I mess it up in some way or some other insecurity, but the folks and the format are great so I'd encourage you (if you are on the fence) to push through that a bit and give it a shot.

It was my first time calling in, and the diversity of opinion was really interesting I thought.

Thanks Phil for putting this on. I'm totally on for next week if there's a show next week!

It was my first time calling in, and the diversity of opinion was really interesting I thought.

Thanks Phil for putting this on. I'm totally on for next week if there's a show next week!

Great having you Kevin! I will post the topic of next week's call here in the next few days.

• 3 weeks later...

NEW Philosophy West Coast Skype TODAY! October 13th @ 11am PST (2 hours after the Sunday Call in Show ends)

Topic: Broadcasting Philosophy: How do we shift from "ship lost at sea" to "lighthouse"?*

Each Philosophy West Coast call** is centered around a weekly topic and will be structured with timed rounds of sharing so everyone gets an opportunity to speak and share their thoughts without interruption.

• Round 2: Topic Thoughts (3+ minutes per person)

Private message me via the Freedomain Radio forum to pre-register (max. 5 callers)

*Please reply to this thread with any topic suggestions you have for future calls!    :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.