Environmentalist Art

travioli

Posted Image

So, I found this photo on Tumblr today... And it just screamed environmentalism to me. You know, the gun being civilization, i.e. production, and that it's pointed at mother nature--also, the differing implications of the black/white smoke, the fiery hand, the dirty gun, but then the really bright and vibrant woman's face in the cliff. 

I'm no esthetician, and if you are, I'd love to hear some feedback and thoughts too. I think it's quite an interesting, however misplaced, piece of art.

http://aegis-strife.net/

This is the rest of his site. 

One thing I noticed was that nature in this picture was a young woman, where the industry was a old man.

I went to his site and was looking at differences between men and women. Women seem to either be portrayed as beauty and with nature, or victims and broken. Not counting the child (who is portrayed as an innocent victim of circumstance/ alone) the men have heads made of fire, or a grenade. Seemingly violent and destructive imagery. I think that tells a lot about his view on the genders. (Assuming Mario is a guy)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.