Questions for a Central Banker.

Camel Glasses

The former governor of the Bank of England, Mervyn King, is coming to speak at my school in a few weeks time. He will be talking to economics and politics students about several issues and there will be, no doubt, a chance to ask him a few questions. So what should I ask him? Should I query him over the central bank's criminal counterfeiting operation?

You have to spend a lot of time phrasing things so that he thinks you are intelligent and inquisitive rather than a conspiracy theorist and attacking.

For instance, if you talk to government officials about "chem-trails" you get no where. However using the terms "geoengineering" and "cloud seeding" is perfectly appropriate.

If you want to get real answers to lots of questions you need to put a lot of work into speaking his language. Of course you can decipher the answers later from the propagandist language, but that would be my two cents.

You will not get his to answer anything about "criminal counterfeiting" or "toilet paper fiat money" or other such terms. You will likely be ignored.

The goal is to ask a question so that he answers it truthfully and it reveals something to others or that you can go through 3 questions that he answers which leads to a 4th that he doesn't, but everyone then understands the implications by that point.

Yea depends if you want to take a moral approach or a technical approach.  A moral approach is likely to anger him, whereas if you ask a technical question he is likely to just talk over your head, rely on his "expertise" to dismiss you.  I have a question that I like to "trap" Keynesians with, goes something like this.  "If expansion in the money supply is necessary to respond to increases in productivity, why don't you just put money into everyone's bank account?"  You may need to ask an initial question to get him to give you the premise, that central banks create money to respond to increases in wealth.  The point of the question, is that it shows that, if everyone got the money at the same time, prices would immediately go up and it wouldn't really make any difference.  So this is kind of a technical question that insinuates a moral issue - it points out the immorality and injustice of a system where only a few people have access to newly created money, not because they are producers, but because they are politically connected.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.