British Comedy

FreedomPhilosophy

Extras was one of the best shows out in ages, but I guess that's another character flawed male

what would you like to see in British comedy?

There's lots of British comedy that I liked such as Dads Army, Black Adder, Monty Python and Little Britain. There did just seem to be a period where man bashing was in vogue generally against a backdrop of confident positive females.Of course I could just be taking comedy too seriously, but it seems like something is going on.

Yes, I think the British popular humour has nearly always been about lending itself to self deprecation for as long as I can remember.. Yes I go back as far as Morecambe and Wise even. :D

I have met some great self deprecators in my time privately over the years. But the best ones tended to do it sporadically.. Certainly I can see how the popular TV stuff, more often by men portraying themselves as buffoons as being seen as a attack on maleness.

Much of that early comedy (particularly 70's) I now find rather droll these days. Although Fawlty Towers remains a classic frankly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.