Interview Suggestion: Greg Glassman

Lowe D

Stefan,

I have been doing Crossfit a few months, and have had fun with it.  Fitness has been an important part of my life for a few years now, and I was looking for something more exciting than conventional weightlifting and cardio exercises.

Recently I saw a Reason interview with Greg Glassman, in which he described himself as rabidly libertarian.  Glassman is the founder of Crossfit, and he seems like a cool guy.

Admittedly the Reason video doesn't say much about his principles.  However I think this lecture, at the Illinois Policy Institute, does.  He shows a profound understanding of the free market, which goes a long way to explaining how Crossfit exploded in the last five years.

Getting an interview with him can't be easy, given what his schedule must be like.  I don't see any contact information for him online, so one might have to ask the Reason reporters how they got in touch with him.  I considered doing this, but it's better I know you are interested, before making inquiries.  Also it might be something you prefer to do yourself.

Thanks,

Lowe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.