Old Linux Library

Miss Valeska

Alright everyone! I'm compiling a program on Ubuntu 13.04, However, This program is slightly old, And it asks for the apparently non-existent ipt_conntrack.h library. Specifically, It gives this error message.

In file included from igs.c:42:0:mark.h:6:48: fatal error: linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_conntrack.h: No such file or directorycompilation terminated.make[3]: *** [igs.o] Error 1make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/missvaleska/Documents/Netsukuku/netsukuku-0.0.9b/src'make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/missvaleska/Documents/Netsukuku/netsukuku-0.0.9b/src'make[1]: *** [all] Error 2make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/missvaleska/Documents/Netsukuku/netsukuku-0.0.9b/src'make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 

However! It functions with the packaged version on Ubuntu 12.04, Which, Also, Does not function here. Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do in order to fix this problem?

What happens if you run:

sudo apt-get install -f

If you have a different version of a library than you need, you could try downloading the .deb file, and do this to force the install of non permitted older version:

sudo dpkg -i --force-all package.deb

OR

sudo dpkg -i --force-depends package.deb

I'm not familiar with this specific software, but if there is a file missing, you could simply create it:

nano linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_conntrack.h

CTRL + O

ENTER

CTRL + X

You might need to CHMOD the file for executing permissions:

CHMOD +x linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_conntrack.h

Another alternative is downloading the missing file and copying to the right location.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.