Stef's Views on Tarantino

LovePrevails

Hey this has come up in passing a couple of times and I think it would make a great topic for a vidoe/podcast because he's always a hot topic and thousands of people will probably listen to it and even pass it around out of outrage that someone dare criticise their favourite director

it's a great way to introduce the violence-fettishistic seething mass to the arguments on child abuse and spanking as well

That would be a food topic especially since Tarantino said he haaaates violence during an interview with George Stromboloupolous. As if lol maybe he meant he hates real life violence so he has to exaggerate it in his films to become desensatized. Ill pull up a link for that interview later if youd like. Im pistibg with my phone which makes that impossible right now

I found "Django Unchained" to be totally ridiculous and kind of unsettling.  It seemed to me that the movie was just about showing gratuitous acts of torture and violence of slaves, to set the stage for a supposedly cathartic bloodbath of white slave-owners and slave-hands.  All this came at the expense of actual empathy with slaves themselves!!!  You never get a real sense of what life was like for these people, just a cartoonized version of violence to make you feel uncomfortable and see all the whites involved with slavery as evil.  In reality I suspect that most of the evil to do with slavery was more subtle, and had to do with propagandizing and frightening children, and using Christianity, so that they would grow up to be obedient slaves for the most part.  But instead of empathizing with the victims, he creates a fantasy where the gunslinging freed slave miraculously murders all the goons and rides off with his beloved.  I think this says a lot about Tarantino's psychology.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.