I would like to fundamentally change my relationship with truth, with virtue, with myself and with this community.

Three

Today I woke up asking myself a series of questions. I asked myself this morning, what steps can I take today towards making myself a better person and the world a better place? How am I going to train myself today? How can I become more self actualized today? One of the answers which came to mind was to explicitely state here that I want to change my relationship to truth in this way. I wanted to make a commitment that is vivible to people who might support me. It's been three years since I discovered this beacon of truth here on the internet. I hate that when I did discover this light, that I closed my eyes, looked away and for so long pretended to myself that I didn't see anything. That hasn't worked for me. Distorting reality in that way and choosing to not accept reality in that way has resulted in much pain and poor decisions on my part. So, recently I've been gradually allowing myself to take steps towards the light of truth. I've find that the closer I get to it, the warmer I get and the more comfortable I feel and I find myself wanting more and more.Has anyone else had a similar experience?  I would be curious to hear any stories from other people on there journey towards truth. Did you put all of your effort into things at first or was it a slow and gradual process like mine? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.