Critical thinking ice breakers

Gmerc

I was going through Stef's YouTube archive and I watched this video:"Being a Magnet for Virtue"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewpx4ZQNpeIThe video discusses methods of seeking critically thinking people for friendship and companionship. Stefan explains that it's like finding a needle in a hay stack, and emphasizes that we damn well need to know what a needle looks like.Stefan also uses a metaphor to describe compatable criteria. He says something like: "You're not looking for an atheist, libertarian, who's into self knowledge and has been to therapy etc... You're not looking for someone who has the same methodolgy, and is able to think, not neccecarily someone who is in the same state as you."My question is this:Do you have any good ice breaker questions, or questions you can ask soon after meeting someone to probe them in this way?

ask them if they believe this statement to be true: if A = B and B = C then A must = C. 

if they say they believe its true then as them if they think this statement is true: Initiation of force = immoral, Government = monopoly on the initiation of force  therefor Government = immoral.

That will blow some minds, also it doesnt matter if they think the above statement is true, it is. I was just simply saying give them the choice to see what they say.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.