Reality Based Workbooks for Young Children

donjuancho

I have created a free, reality based workbook series for children ages 2-7.  I am looking to promote this series and get feedback.  The website is: realworkbooks.com.

What is this about?

Nearly all educational tools available to young children are based on fantasy.  Many studies(see notes on bottom for more info) show  that a child's ability to distinguish fantasy from real-life events is different than adults.  For instance, most children believe that they can change reality with their mind.

This project was inspired by Roslyn Ross.  I highly recommend watching here lectures from Libertopia this year to learn more about the fantasy worlds that are created for children. Here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJG1rrjD3lQ

What can I do?

Please share this website with friends, especially if they have young children.  It is not explicitly anarchic, which means it can be more widely distributed.  The results can be very beneficial for liberty though.  Imagine kids that learn based on reality.  They think empircally and objectively.  How easy would it be to indoctrinate them with the magical thinking of governments, social contracts, positive rights, etc?  It would probably be quite difficult, even if they have never heard of the NAP or voluntarism.

We are also looking for feedback and donations.  Please take a look! realworkbooks.com

Thanks,

Jon

Studies and other rescources:

Rosyln Ross's Blog: http://roslynross.blogspot.com/

Thinking About Fantasy: Are children fundamentally different thinkers and believers from adults? Child Development, 6, 991-1011

Making Sense of Pretence in C Lewis & P Mitchel Children's Early
Understanding of Mind: Origins and Development p, 211-34

British Journal of Developmental Psychology, 12, 417-27 Children's
ability to distinguish fantasy events from real-life events, Samuels A
and Taylor M 1994

DeLoache 1998 The Development of early symbolization: Educational
implications. Learning and Instruction, 8 325-39

Piaget 1970 Science of education and the psychology of the child

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.