Chat Skipping Messages/Lagging?

Wesley

I am not sure how prevalent this is, how to prove it, or if it is happening to anyone else. I assumed that I was seeing all of chat and may have just missed the occasional message that lead to awkward entrances/exits from conversations or had no effect. However, a couple days ago I was in chat while someone was telling a story (maybe 13-16 people in chat) and the story made absolutely no sense. I was asking for people to fill me in on the details and I was still getting random responses missing to the point where I had to leave the chat.

I am not sure how to replicate, test, figure out the issue, or even know if I had experienced it before (as I may not have noticed the missing messages before).

My computer was Windows 7, browser Google Chrome.

Maybe if a couple others can verify that they have experienced this problem then it will add some credibility to it.

PS: I was going to post this in the issues app under chat, but there was some sort of database error and it wouldn't let me at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

It happened to me after dinner one time. (7 ish Eastern I think?)

I was posting partly to see if someone else would respond saying it happened to them too and then a pattern could be established. 

I have been in chat a few times since then and it has not happened again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.