Flying car coming in 2015

Mick Bynes

Flying car in 2015?

I am extremely amazed by this.  It's about time!  This should have been out in 2001!  It took them so long.  I remember reading in another thread, someone said that if they made a flying car... the creator would keep it to himself.  Well... I don't think that's the case anymore.  Is this article legit anyway?  Click the link above for me on this.

We can finally leave the dreaded roads discussions behind our backs!

It will probably just shift to "Who is gonna build the airlanes? Without government supervision all those flying cars would just fly wherever they want and concstantly crash into each other.. " -_-

It's a pretty radical shift in what everyone is used to, so when the first person dies in one there will be hysterics about the entire concept.  No hysterics for the thousands who die in cars every year, or plane crashes for that matter, we all put that out of our minds.  But because it's a plane for normal people  (well, let's be serious, I'll never be able to afford one) you will have hyper sensitivity to the technology.  And remember, the FAA is in charge of the auto-piloting network, so there's that.

My gut feeling is that people of normal income would never be able to afford one, but then I looked up what the cheapest airplanes are going for these days.

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/aircraft/best-buys/10-cheapest-birds-in-the-sky.html

I don't know if the flying car would be in that price range or not, but I was surprised that airplanes are that relatively cheap.

I think that the idea that the feds will let anyone fly one without a license is fantasy.  They are going to crack down soooo friggin' hard on this stuff if it comes.  Sorry, must…maintain…childlike…wonder…not adult cynicism…arrrgh!!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.