Now this is the philosophy of beauty right here

Guest - Josh -

She's smarter than me.

She is making thousands of dollars from her YouTube videos, and I've yet to make a hundred dollars. Based on average YouTube ad revenue, she has already made over a thousand dollars from this three-minute video.

Are you sure it's her intelligence that's making her that money?

Are you sure it's her intelligence that's making her that money?

There's a difference between being intelligent and being smart. She's smarter than me, but she's not intelligent.

I consider myself to be intelligent, but it's valid when an uneducated person says to me "If you're so smart, how come you ain't rich?"

Look at the number of views her videos get and the number of subscribers to her channel. Now compare these numbers to the FDR channel. *weeps*

Solution: Donations to get Stef's brain cells implanted into his breasts where they will be economically more efficient!

:sick:

There's a difference between being intelligent and being smart. She's smarter than me, but she's not intelligent.

I consider myself to be intelligent, but it's valid when an uneducated person says to me "If you're so smart, how come you ain't rich?"

First of all, I don't see how you're judging her as smart or not based on this. As I said, people aren't watching her videos for her smartness. Perhaps you can say she is more opportunistic than you. I'm not sure that equates to smart.

Also, I wrote this years back:

My Commentaries: If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?

As Wesley jokingly suggests, cleavage and boobs are a significant lure for the average YT subscriber. There does seem to be some evidence that YouTube is proliferated with mostly young male viewers and she isn't the only vacuous (pretend or otherwise) lady to make a buck or two out of her big knockers.

The only conclusion I can come too regarding this lady, is that her own head may have come into an untimely colision with one of those behemoths.  

First of all, I don't see how you're judging her as smart or not based on this. As I said, people aren't watching her videos for her smartness.

It doesn't matter why people watch her videos. She's smart because she can package herself in such a way that she is successful, despite her lack of intelligence.

You pretty much nailed it in your post: "Making money requires a specific type of creativity that is not inherent in intelligence. In order to make money, one must have a product or service to sell. Many intelligent people are operationally intelligent ... this does not, however, ensure any specific knoweledge of any subject that can be turned into a product or service."

She doesn't have intelligence, but she has enough creativity to turn herself into an in-demand product.

It doesn't matter why people watch her videos. She's smart because she can package herself in such a way that she is successful, despite her lack of intelligence.

You pretty much nailed it in your post: "Making money requires a specific type of creativity that is not inherent in intelligence. In order to make money, one must have a product or service to sell. Many intelligent people are operationally intelligent ... this does not, however, ensure any specific knoweledge of any subject that can be turned into a product or service."

She doesn't have intelligence, but she has enough creativity to turn herself into an in-demand product.

I guess it all depends on your definition of "smart." I'm sure you can use one where what you're saying is true or use a different one where what I'm saying is true. But simply exploiting something that takes almost no effort to exploit doesn't strike me as requiring smarts. It's like the old joke Chris Rock tells about how people don't have to sell crack because crack sells itself.

I said that some intelligent people lack the creativity to create a product or service that can sell. That doesn't mean all products or services require creativity to sell. This is one I don't think takes much. But it's really just a semantic issue, smart or not smart. Either way I don't find what she's done impressive in the least.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.