This came up again on Facebook

http://utrend.tv/v/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-fact/

I do have a problem with how the current system is (not) working. But I have a bigger problem with the way the narrator seems to imply that there's something the government should be doing, as if they didn't aid and abet the thieves and schemers at the top. 

I'm looking for thoughts on how best to voice my opinion, though. Thoughts?

http://utrend.tv/v/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-fact/

I do have a problem with how the current system is (not) working. But I have a bigger problem with the way the narrator seems to imply that there's something the government should be doing, as if they didn't aid and abet the thieves and schemers at the top. 

I'm looking for thoughts on how best to voice my opinion, though. Thoughts?

People think inequality can be solved by giving a small group of people the right to move resources around, print money, borrow against the labor of millions of people, etc.  This is the greatest inequality in society.  That is the point that has to be hammered.  As a consequence we can see that the wealthiest people in a corporatist system are those who benefit from government violence and easy money.  Even before so-called "capitalism", the wealthiest in society have always been those who claim ownership over others, kings, priests, slavers, feudal lords, and so on.  as a footnote you might mention how debt, inflation, banking cartel, welfare, public education, minimum wage, taxation/regulation hurt the poor.

Well worded, RoseCodex. Inflation and minimum wage are some of my favorites of the footnotes you mentioned (in terms of how easy it is to show how they hurt the poor). What kinds of government regulations besides on minimum wage are harmful to the poor, as opposed to letting the rich get away with stuff? And I don't know much about banking cartels. Looks like I've got a fun night of research ahead of me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.