gwho

yes, I think that podcasts that are enduringly popular could be either edited down for posterity, or redone as presentations highlighting the important points

stuff like my parents were really nice parts 1-4 could be redone in one hour long presentation if Stef had time to listen back to them, take notes and represent

it's just a suggestion I don't know if the time is there

that's a good idea, what program do you use?

foobar2000 + SoundTouch plug-in (Preferences -> DSP manager)

It just speeds it up without raising the pitch so no chipmunk voices. Raise the speed progressively at first, start at about 30% and get used to it, then go higher and higher.

• 2 weeks later...

podcast 1555I wish every podcast was as compact as this. It's sooooooo good. and he talks fast in this one.Do you guys also find the prepared, compact podcasts to be the most epic and most enjoyable too?

Hey GWHO

I have a great idea

How about you summarise the most salient points from Stef's videos and make your own podcasts and youtube videos that are concise and digestible

That way you could create the resource that you feel is missing after your own fashion and put it out there for people who have less patience

you would also be adding your own unique voice and angle to the movement

foobar2000 + SoundTouch plug-in (Preferences -> DSP manager)

It just speeds it up without raising the pitch so no chipmunk voices. Raise the speed progressively at first, start at about 30% and get used to it, then go higher and higher.

Just to let you know I am benefiting from listening to a podcast at 1.5x speed, you are saving 15 minutes of my life this morning. ;)

Hey GWHO

I have a great idea

How about you summarise the most salient points from Stef's videos and make your own podcasts and youtube videos that are concise and digestible

That way you could create the resource that you feel is missing after your own fashion and put it out there for people who have less patience

you would also be adding your own unique voice and angle to the movement

That thought definitely did cross my mind.Overall, I think it would detract from the impact, but I think there is a saving grace possibility.Stefan is indeed irreplaceable. I can't quite verbalize it right now, but there is a distinct overall value of he being the deliverer. I know he doesn't want it to be about that, but hey. He'd also be happy with the proliferation of the ideas, which is great too, but at the same time, i'd want to make sure i'm not severely cannibalizing / competing him away.The possibility i see is having an organized, summary of his points in a huge article, or ebook.Yea, actually, I don't see anything hugely problematic with doing my own response videos. I'd have to make sure my points and thoughts are up to quality. I am quite annoyed by talking youtube heads with mediocre substance and verbosity.

Objectively speaking, it's probably not worth my time. actually it's definitely not worth my time. I gotta make money too.

I just want to represent the "ramble-fest" fans.

I have no desire, nor need to listen to shorter podcasts. I'm a computer gamer and general heavy user of computers, so I really enjoy being able to play a podcast in the background while I'm driving a tank/ causing mischief. If it takes Stef 2 hours to construct an argument I have no complaints with that... especially when I'm in the middle of a 16 hour flight across the world on my flight simulator :woot:

To each his own!

That thought definitely did cross my mind.Overall, I think it would detract from the impact, but I think there is a saving grace possibility.Stefan is indeed irreplaceable. I can't quite verbalize it right now, but there is a distinct overall value of he being the deliverer. I know he doesn't want it to be about that, but hey. He'd also be happy with the proliferation of the ideas, which is great too, but at the same time, i'd want to make sure i'm not severely cannibalizing / competing him away.The possibility i see is having an organized, summary of his points in a huge article, or ebook.Yea, actually, I don't see anything hugely problematic with doing my own response videos. I'd have to make sure my points and thoughts are up to quality. I am quite annoyed by talking youtube heads with mediocre substance and verbosity.

Objectively speaking, it's probably not worth my time. actually it's definitely not worth my time. I gotta make money too.

You can either put up podcasts or a series of articles summarizing this and that which you finally compile into an ebook

don't let the fact that Stef is a good communicator put you off from providing an alternative more in line with your tastes

there is no reason to do so

do it anyway, see how you like it, and if you get something out of it keep going

everyone can point out things about other people's work they don't like but it's liek lobbying government in a sense

people who have not come into their own complain about the need for the poor to get help, emotionally mature people go out and help the poor

there comes a time to express what you want with your deeds rather than words

^ I always did have a knack for summarizing, organizing information,  and getting to the core essence of things.I always did want to do waht Fredric Bastiat did, and I do do it all the time naturally - taking complex, muddled things, and putting it into an organized, easy to read, no fluff, CORE archives of information.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.