Kids will be Reading Stef's Books Centuries Down the Road.

Back when Ayn Rand wrote, or when Plato wrote, Shakespeare wrote, or any other classic artist/writer created works, it was probably not so glorified during that time period.The level of quality and profundity, is the "core value" and the reason why it gets brought up in the future and christened as a "classic". This is the similar phenomenon as a start up with a core product that has solid value to people, but is in the development phase where they have not realized a return on their investment.I feel like Stefan's works, like Practical Anarchy, will be studied in the future when we do get a free society, or when there are organized philosophiy-oriented schools (online or offline) that will anarchy, in government/econ/gametheory courses.

The quality is just so totally there.

There is the matter of getting it out there: popularizing it. Stef has solid original ideas too, as well as a good library of related information.Rothbard almost died out, but it got resurrected. with today's internet media, i think stef will be much more noticeable.

Yeah Stef came at the right time when the internet was becoming a more rampant resource. I know the internet's been around for a long time, but I've only had it since 2000 and by golly did it suck. Did high speed exist back then or it just didn't for me? :P

I am very in love with the idea of philosophy evolving from this practice of the town's commoners gathering 'round to listen to Socrates speak. Or whatever he did--to what we have today. Permanent, everlasting and clear cut messages of truth imprinted onto a vast cloud of space that can never be destroyed or forgotten. Too many people have downloaded podcasts, the books, even bought hard copies of the books.

This is the day in age in which philosophy has the greatest chance of not only surving the masses, but also propellng our society forward if such resources are so easily at our finger tips.

I've been around FDR since about 2009 or 2010, but never really participated or have gone on a consuming spree till this year. And I gotta say, I learned more here in 2013 than I ever did in my high school career. Elementary school was great to help me build the foundations for reading, but after that, homogenized education watered down what I could possibly learn.

ANYWAYS thanks for making this topic, it really brought out what I've been feeling recently about my momentum with philosophy.

Yeah Stef came at the right time when the internet was becoming a more rampant resource. I know the internet's been around for a long time, but I've only had it since 2000 and by golly did it suck. Did high speed exist back then or it just didn't for me? :P

I am very in love with the idea of philosophy evolving from this practice of the town's commoners gathering 'round to listen to Socrates speak. Or whatever he did--to what we have today. Permanent, everlasting and clear cut messages of truth imprinted onto a vast cloud of space that can never be destroyed or forgotten. Too many people have downloaded podcasts, the books, even bought hard copies of the books.

This is the day in age in which philosophy has the greatest chance of not only surving the masses, but also propellng our society forward if such resources are so easily at our finger tips.

I've been around FDR since about 2009 or 2010, but never really participated or have gone on a consuming spree till this year. And I gotta say, I learned more here in 2013 than I ever did in my high school career. Elementary school was great to help me build the foundations for reading, but after that, homogenized education watered down what I could possibly learn.

ANYWAYS thanks for making this topic, it really brought out what I've been feeling recently about my momentum with philosophy.

nice, thanks for the confirmation. you never can truly gauge the level of appreciation or dislike on forums.

I would love to see some material from Stef directed purposefully at children.  Maybe around 9 years old.

If we were to achieve anarchism, atheism and peaceful parenting, it might not be such an interesting subject.  We sort of have this experience with dead religions.  We tend to study greek mythology, not the ideas the debunked it.  Hopefully the kids will read about Christianity and Government and delight in that people 'back then' did such perverted things.  The new normal might not be something they study.

Surely I'm talking Star Trek sized time scale here!

I would love to see some material from Stef directed purposefully at children.  Maybe around 9 years old.

If we were to achieve anarchism, atheism and peaceful parenting, it might not be such an interesting subject.  We sort of have this experience with dead religions.  We tend to study greek mythology, not the ideas the debunked it.  Hopefully the kids will read about Christianity and Government and delight in that people 'back then' did such perverted things.  The new normal might not be something they study.

Surely I'm talking Star Trek sized time scale here!

I would love to illustrate a kids book written by stef, ive been worrking on my own

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.