My deFOO Journal

Josh F

That is some horrible abuse and I'm terribly sorry that happened to you. That is such contemptuous behavior toward a child, their own dependent child who deserved none of it.

One thing that struck me is that you live in Costa Rica and resent being sent to therapy as a child. Does that mean that you won't be going to therapy now as an adult, to a therapist of your choosing?

I relate to this actually. Not to make it about me or anything, but I was sent to counselors during my early childhood. I was never told why, the only one out of my siblings to go and I didn't like these women. They were cold and clinical. I resented therapy my whole life until I saw that people I actually trusted were going to therapy and found it incredibly valuable, and out of desperation I knew that I couldn't handle my problems without some professional help. I ended up doing it and changing my outlook on therapy completely. There aren't a whole lot of great therapists, and from what I hear, they mostly suck, but if it is the case that you don't want to do therapy, then I'd encourage you to reconsider.

You're totally free to do whatever you want, and there may be a little bit of my own desire to protect people in there, but I personally found it to be the best investment I've ever made.

And again, I'm really sorry about what you were forced to go through. It makes me sick with contempt.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.