The Japanese Love Industry - Lack of Romance in Japan

Panoptic

I would like to get peoples' feedback on what they think of this situation. Romantic relationships are said to "tie down" people from being able to do what they would like. How true is this?

Also, as a disclaimer from me to all of you interested minds who are always digging from more truth, VICE is an excellent channel whose media never shys away from any subject and will do whatever it takes to get the truth to you (although they sometimes tend to forgot objectivity in their reporting). Because of this, I would highly recommend watching their videos, but stay AWAY from their series on Syria. Unless you can stomach the most graphic content you may ever see, you do not want to watch that. Me saying this should be enough for you to understand the message the video gives...

The second video, "To be a host, good looks count but it's not enough. How you look doesn't bring you any money. it's hard work. You have to be attractive as a human being. Joel is Innocent, too innocent. Being a host is not for him."

So innocence is not an attractive feature?

The second video, "To be a host, good looks count but it's not enough. How you look doesn't bring you any money. it's hard work. You have to be attractive as a human being. Joel is Innocent, too innocent. Being a host is not for him."

So innocence is not an attractive feature?

Innocence is not desired in the business because the whole point of it is deception. The host pretends to be nice and has to lie to make the customer happy. The customer pays to be lied to, To be told "you are beautiful" "you are an amazing and interesting person to talk to" etc, They don't want to hear the truth about themselves good or bad.

The whole idea is a shallow fulfillment of their desires. You basically have to be a sociopath to make it at this and be able to sleep and night.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.