Has anybody ever tried Ayahauska?

Sashajade

• 2 weeks later...

I read the book, but I would say, approach it with the understanding that a lot of it is just the authors opinion (an author who's buddhistic and kind of the spiritual type). Meaning aside from some good science and intersting stories about the experiments there's also a lot of bullcrap ideas that really are of no relevance. Still it should give some insight as to what to expect, and for that I could recommend it. (Not that I ever took DMT or ayahuasca)

p.s. in regards to the 12 hour timeframe: That's the first time I ever heard that. even for ayahuasca I thought it was a few hours at best (and if you take the DMT without any MAOI it usually lasts only a few minutes (see Adam Kokesh's videos for instance).

As for it being useful: Well, I'm sure it can help a lot, but I also see a lot of people coming out of it with a kind of irrationally spiritual worldview as a result (plus ayahuasca is usually taken as a spiritual ceremony with some supernatural stuff that can sometime go along with that), and imo that's counterproductive again then. But if you have a good grasp on reasoning and reality that should probably not be a problem.

Check out the move "shamans of the amazon"

Also, the book DMT: The spirit Molecule

DMT is the active chemical in ayahuasca. Approach with caution, it is extremely intense and lasts roughly 12 hours. Consider trying magic mushrooms first, from my understanding it's similar but less intense.

Holy crap, magic mushrooms are less intense than DMT? I've never tried Ayahauska or any DMT product, but psilocybin mushrooms, for me, were a really important part of finally coming out of depression. However, based on how intense I found relatively small doses, if Ayahauska is more intense, I would exhort anyone without previous experience with these types of substances to avoid it unless they had a very experienced guide.

As an old hand I cannot more strongly insist that if you want to try this plant teacher do so with an experienced guide and helpers, particularly if it is your first few experiences.

You do not want to be stuck in one of your inner children alter-egos who believes s/he is the cause of all the pain and suffering in the universe without someone there to hold and reassure you, no matter how much experiencing this part of yourself turns out to be useful after the fact.

Also if you are having a blissed out experience of feeling your value and interconnectedness with all things you don't want to be so blissed out you think you can do something silly. :P

It's well worth having excellent guidance when exploring the workings of your inner environment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.