He's my son. I love him. But he beats me up'

LovePrevails

'It's too humiliating to admit that your child thinks he hates you. For a while, as things got worse, the only thing I could see was to end up dead'

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/hes-my-son-i-love-him-but-he-beats-me-up-1596678.html

of course it had nothing to do with her that she married someone violent and then brought a child into that environment

You know it's this amazing thing.  My mother and her brothers don't get along well with their parents and for that they blame the parents.  They call them names or say things about them, all behind their backs of course, they don't dare say it in person.  They didn't talk to them for months on end and even moved to the other side of the world, in my mother's case, to get away from them.

But now they are all universally having the same kinds of problems with their grown-up children.  Guess who's at fault this time?  Not them, of course not them.   Their problems with their parents are their parents fault.  Their problems with their children are their children's fault.  

Well, I said it's an amazing thing at the start, but I guess it's logical in a perverted way.

• 2 weeks later...

You know it's this amazing thing.  My mother and her brothers don't get along well with their parents and for that they blame the parents.  They call them names or say things about them, all behind their backs of course, they don't dare say it in person.  They didn't talk to them for months on end and even moved to the other side of the world, in my mother's case, to get away from them.

But now they are all universally having the same kinds of problems with their grown-up children.  Guess who's at fault this time?  Not them, of course not them.   Their problems with their parents are their parents fault.  Their problems with their children are their children's fault.  

Well, I said it's an amazing thing at the start, but I guess it's logical in a perverted way. 

Have you pointed that out to them(If you still talk to them)? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.