Living in Poverty really sucks! Steam, mega-rant!

The Wall

So im having terrible dificulties finding a safe place to live. Ive gone from the third floor to the first floor within the last 20 days, roughly. I moved out of my parents to flea my Dad's increasingly aggressiveness, as well as very easily triggered violent outbursts that could manifest rather easily in any number of ways. But, to the point, im gonna be moving out from this place, because the landlord doesnt do criminal background checks, and most of these people here I find are unemployed, they are more likely, and almost absolutely, fucking losers. Nothing against them, but sucking off the big ol' titties of welfare and food assistance, isnt a prideful and winning way to be. Anyhow, my first experience within this building, under this Landlord was on the third floor. On my first night this woman there, who wasnt even a tenant, I knew was crazy. She was so fucking crazy. The tenant she was visiting had a violent/passive relationship with her that ranged very thinly, meaning hed go from a delicate, low octave, library voice, to a shrilling, shrieking, "Cover, grenade!" Kind of voice, with a bit of firey rage injected. He switched back from cold to hot like a light switch. The woman, and they were both in their 60s, or a little younger, was being accused of stealing his cell phone, which I believe she did based on her wacky boundery sense. For instance, she doesnt even live in the house and she said "im in charge of all the cleaning, I take care of this place", as if she even has a say, or that I need to negotiate with her about it. The way it was said, was sweet, but, so is antifreeze if you put a little powdered sugar in it! She also tried getting me to get into the room with her to meet the guy in there. His bedroom. The guy, well, said "No!" with about three second pauses, as if he were catching his breath for another gaspy reply. Long story short, she ended up pushing all his buttons and getting touched up by him, and she exclaimes "so youre gonna rape me!" But she just stood there, and when he walkes away shed continue to go back at him and push mire huttons. Then he would punch her and thriw her around. I was petrified. I did nothing but listen, locking myself in the room. It was fucking psychotic. I think the guy was on meda because when I told the landlord he said he just got out of a mental hospital like a ix months ago. I figurr this kind of consensual bashing of acting out broken childhoods is something that people enjoy. I recall when.an ex said all the things I hated the most, I even expressedly, explicitly told her things not to say that were sensitive to me, and things would only stop if I acted out in a way that was against my values. She of course, rhen used this over me. But I was just agitates and knew that but she would always get toxic and destructive if we talked about. What can you expect though from a youngest daughter whos father abandoned her at three, and had two older sinlinga, the brother thenoldest, and a mid sister, with a chronically religious - if you dont pray before you eat bad things will happen to tou, kind of peraon, who uses religious abstractions as "answers" to everyday physical things to the point where a door is the fucking "source" w hich cant be defined and is up to everybody! Lmao, what an easy way to escape fault too! I wonder if thats the reason she uses it! Wait did I say wonder? I meant thunder! Im so angry with these situations!

I thought location would be helpful, but it wasn't  ;-

My recommendation* would be to move to a student ghetto.  When I was in college, we'd live in cheap houses, sometimes up to 7 housemates or so (essential to have roomates) and everybody was just situationally poor but nice people with ambition.  Anytime we attempted to move to a regular poor neighborhood we met lots of psychos and criminals, get robbed, see guns etc.,

When I moved to Boston at 22 yrs old I took the same strategy, finding neighborhoods where college kids lived.  The prices were comparable to the poor neighborhoods but the population was smart and engaged, not insane/systemically poor/criminal/losers.

* From a stranger on the internet who hasn't sniffed low-income in 20 years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.