Bitcoin - where have you bought them?

http://board.freedomainradio.com/topic/37598-bitcoin-getting-started/

This link has a section on how to get Bitcoins. If you are looking for easy ways without the problems of the big exchanges, I recommend localbitcoins.com. It puts you in touch with people in your area looking to buy or sell. Make sure it is a public location.

I also have used bitinstant.com and Charlie Shrem who owns the company is an ancap who supported AVTM when he had his independent show, however they seem to be in the middle of a re-launch so you can't patronize them. For them it is basically using cash to send a MoneyGram and to have your coin by the time you walk out of the store.

Coinbase seems to be the most painless option if you live in the US, but I'm not sure if this would work in Canada. I was able to link my bank account and buy directly from that, whereas other options all seem to require international bank transfer or some kind of third party like OKPay. Localbitcoins would probably be another good choice if you like a craigslist approach. 

The downside of coinbase is they have some kind of overall daily trading limit such that you may not be able to buy on demand when demand starts to rise. Instead they'll offer you a put option where you schedule a buy possibly days later at whatever the market rate is at that time (but you can cancel up until the trade is processed). Basically, you may have to take your place in line.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.