Florida libertarian woman pays 5 figure tax debt with pennies

King David

Yeah, very funny indeed. I've heard a number of people do this over the years, but many like that Canadian chap were told to give it to a bank and stump up a cheque instead.

I recall failing to put a tax reference against a large payment of tax I made, despite paying via a Ltd company account They demanded that I prove the payment with my own personal bank statement. These people aren't paid to work. ;)

A possible reply to this would be that if your criticism of government workers is that they are inefficient, that it makes little cents to make them more inefficient. To go further, if this department is ever running out of work and therefore possible at risk of being de-funded, they might pass a law to require people to pay all bills in pennies. It would be heralded as a sort of stimulus and would work under the campaign of "the only real use for pennies". Senator Rand Paul would look at the bill and would begin to make the case that it is all about the Benjamins, to which Sidney Crawford would lambaste Rand for not having any cents, all the while Al Franken would be shoveling a pig into a pork remarking "cents... ain't nobody got time for that".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.