Thank God for Atheism

Guest e Yer

There is a sign on a restaurant window that reads. "In God we Trust, all others pay cash." When it comes to U.S fiat currency, it should read. "In god we Trust, all others show collateral."

The growth in United States statism is a cultist pagan religion disguised as nationalism. The fairy tales of George Washington crossing the Delaware river and turning the war around, of Paul Revere waking up and alerting colonists to confront approaching British troops and on and on is the stuff of Disney animation movies. It's also the stuff of Norse and Greek mythology, the difference being that the gods are human beings. Like any religion, no one every questions the gods. I had a colleague long ago who said. "We don't know why the U.S. government and military does some things, but may be it's because they know something that we don't, and that is why we can't understand their actions." This sounds like a blind faith trust in statism to me.

Atheism is a nonbelief in God, or gods. Fortunately for those of us who believe in the God in the highest, we have an ally in atheists. Atheist, by definition, don't believe in the state because it too is a religion with human gods. I like Stefan's podcasts because through logical arguments, he exposes the evils in the state, like the way a culture dish exposes harmful bacteria. As result, Americans are starting to put down the flag and take notice of the causes of the problems in this country, or corporation known as the United States. This is a real service because identifying a problem begins the process healing, which is hope. The shortcomings of pure logic is although it forces people to confront the demons that they once believed were saints, it doesn't provide much in the way of solutions or answers. It leaves one enlightened but cold. I go to a Christian church and embrace weekly message as I do FDR podcasts. The difference being is that I come from church sermons with a warm, hopeful sign of what's ahead for me and mankind who take the path of virtue and righteousness. I believe the evidence of God's existence is in the miracles that abound in our world, which is taken for granted as nature's work. The miracle of how a embryo or seed can become a life and consider the evils of government exposed by the miracle of the internet which makes FDR and this blog possible. Man's enslavement by this wolf in sheep's clothing through the oxymoron alliance of religion and atheism is coming to and end. This joining of forces is a classic Stefan win-win case and a miracle in itself.

Man's enslavement by this wolf in sheep's clothing through the oxymoron alliance of religion and atheism is coming to and end.

Government is another Religion, and Religion is another Government Program.

There really is no alliance between theism and atheism, it's better to think that two opposing enemies are coming together to take out the current great threat called Government. I watch a lot of content Tom Woods, Jeffrey Tucker, and many other Christian's because they have "some" really good arguments but at the end of the day as an atheist I could not consider them a friend because they hold some very destructive beliefs.

for me and mankind who take the path of virtue and righteousness.

Can you explain in more detail? Are you talking about the Non-Aggression Principle (NAP) or the Bible here?

Perhaps this is a little off topic, but I get the sense that when most intelligent people speak about God that they are talking about something else, something personal. As an ineffective way a demonstrating what I mean, many people who delve deep either into the practice of meditation or psychoactive drugs describe this feeling of oneness in that everything is connected and the same. I myself had this experience not too long ago, and it was not the result of meditation or drugs. It was a very amazing feeling, and without the rational part of my brain continuing to remind me that this is a subjective experience generated through the position of atoms within my brain, I feel like I could have come away with the conclusion that the feeling, that the thought was true.

In a similar way, I had an experience one time that would be described as God confronting and or trying to help me. This was at a time in a rough time in my life and though the experience is really difficult to describe, if it wasn't for that rational part of my mind continually telling me "this is an effect of my mind, this is all in my head", I would have come away from that experience believing I had communicated with God. It wasn't like I was an atheist or even agnostic at the time, I called myself Christian and I certainly believed in God.

A few years ago, a good friend began talking to me about God. She was an Atheist and had quite a lot of anger about being brought up with religion, particularly that her parents used spanking and other means when they frequented the church. Apparently she confronted them about it (I am unsure if she got help), and along with stopping they also stopped being religious. In our conversation, she continued to figure out why I believed in God. I had done a lot of thinking on this subject in the past but more avoiding thinking, and I gave her my honest answer: "I believe in God because I would prefer God exist. To make a bad analogy: if your best friend is charged of murder, despite any evidence against him, you really want to hold in your heart that he is innocent".

I go could on, but I think it is really important to do a lot of introspection in regard to your belief in God. Forget whether God is real or not, yet rather look for the psychological motives and reasons for your belief. Doing so really doesn't affect the conclusion. For instance in regard to anarchism, I accepted the idea so easily because my family was very neglectful of me in my childhood which left me with no family to project onto the state. Does this mean my conclusion of anarchism is "wrong"? No, not at all, but it really does help me understand and differentiate between the rational and emotional components of my belief.

There really is no alliance between theism and atheism, it's better to think that two opposing enemies are coming together to take out the current great threat called Government. I watch a lot of content Tom Woods, Jeffrey Tucker, and many other Christian's because they have "some" really good arguments but at the end of the day as an atheist I could not consider them a friend because they hold some very destructive beliefs.

Can you explain in more detail? Are you talking about the Non-Aggression Principle (NAP) or the Bible here?

The fact that Stef is atheist when so many other prominent libertarians were religious to one degree or another was one of his biggest drawcards for me.  

Both. I'm referring to Jesus, the prince of peace, who said: "live by the sword, die by the sword...The meek shall inherit the earth."  The commandment: Love thy neighbor. These are two pieces of advise consistent with NAP and which the U.S. people have violated throughout their history. The U.S. has continually built up a military and used it aggressively against other nations (via the CIA also) and whites have, and still do discriminated against minorities as a way to hold on to economic / social power and gain preferential status in the American society and court systems. Like all things, you can find bad things in the bible to justify bad, evil actions. The bible says. "Seek and you shall find."  It's the gems of wisdom in the bible related to virtue, righteousness, and good that will direct those  to a better society during anarchy. Those who try to invent a system for post-statism will inevitably re-create a statist system in time.

e yer

Both. I'm referring to Jesus, the prince of peace, who said: "live by the sword, die by the sword...The meek shall inherit the earth."  The commandment: Love thy neighbor. These are two pieces of advise consistent with NAP and which the U.S. people have violated throughout their history. The U.S. has continually built up a military and used it aggressively against other nations (via the CIA also) and whites have, and still do discriminated against minorities as a way to hold on to economic / social power and gain preferential status in the American society and court systems. Like all things, you can find bad things in the bible to justify bad, evil actions. The bible says. "Seek and you shall find."  It's the gems of wisdom in the bible related to virtue, righteousness, and good that will direct those  to a better society during anarchy. Those who try to invent a system for post-statism will inevitably re-create a statist system in time.

e yer

Matthew 5:17-18

17"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.…

Matthew 7:12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Romans 3:31Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

It seems to me that Jesus didn't exactly overturn any of the Jewish law and teachings about warmongering, killing non-married virgins, witches, gay people and such but very much affirms it. Not to mention all of the murderous war that was committed by the Jewish people. He wants specifically to uphold the law.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.