Flakey People?!?!

Longshot

How many of you have friends or acquaintances that constantly flake out at the last minute or don't even have the courtesy to say they can't make it? Is this the new generation of flakes & selfish people or is it just me? So frustrating & annoying, especially when my kids get let down as well.

Please let me know I'm not the only one...

I remember a line from a FDR podcast that I think rings true. Why do they think that they can do this to you?

At some point a few years ago, I stopped interacting with people who would do this kind of stuff. Now I really don't have that problem. I can tend to sense when a person is going to be like that, and I generally avoid making plans with them.

Also, I am pretty sure that I put am now putting out signals that informs others of my standards, and so those people I can assume pick it up and know either not to do that to me or to not makes plans with me.

I remember a line from a FDR podcast that I think rings true. Why do they think that they can do this to you?

Pepin,

Very true quote & statement. I think how they greatly family & I speaks volumes as to their own sense of what they might mistake for morality &/or dignity.

Thank you for actually putting forth the effort to make a rational reply instead of the cliche one liners I could get from a Rodney Dangerfield flick.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.