Is hemp a miracle plant?

According to some, it is. 

I have heard for decades about how miraculous the properties of hemp are. You know the mantra: it is more efficient than trees for pulp and fiberboard and it is superior to fossil fuels for energy.

This has neve made sense to me from a scietific standpoint even though I know nothing about science.

The hemp cultists claim all sorts of (mostlyl political) conspiracies for why hemp has never been allowed to compete and thus kept illegal.

Is there a country that has been vastly improved by using hemp?  For example why would North Korea, Cuba, Haiti, Nepal, etc be using hemp to liff their people out of povety? All I ever hear is TPTB won't allow it. Which is not a real answer as far as I am concerned.

This has neve made sense to me from a scietific standpoint even though I know nothing about science.

Maybe what people like you and me think about the properties of hemp is irrelevant, because we are not informed enough to have an opinion:

Given what I said above, why people care so much about what politicians and Hollywood artists think about it, instead of asking the neuroscientists and MD's?

Hemp fiber - Very high quality, but trees can grow on very marginal lands. Market for hemp paper is mostly saturated.

Hemp food - very nutritious acceptable yeild

Hemp oil - yeild is low, you'd never make a profit burning it.

Hemp Biomass -- significantly better than anything else outside of the tropics, but there is no good way currently to translate that into fuel.

It's a good crop, but not a miracle.

Hemp may not be able to do all the things better that a lot of people claim ( a good site made by a guy that has done more research than most, hemphoax.org, has some good content ) but the chemical properties of CBD and such that are in the plant seem to do pretty 'miraculous' things like kill some types of cancer.

As for a country using hemp to lift its citizens out of poverty, the country itself would first have to have systems in place that would allow it to happen. i.e. a free market to sell the hemp.

...For example why would North Korea, Cuba, Haiti, Nepal, etc be using hemp to liff their people out of povety? All I ever hear is TPTB won't allow it. Which is not a real answer as far as I am concerned.

I don't think that the tax farmers care to lift their tax cattle out of poverty. It seems they only care to preserve the status quo and remain in power.

As for a country using hemp to lift its citizens out of poverty, the country itself would first have to have systems in place that would allow it to happen. i.e. a free market to sell the hemp.

Sorry. I should have claified I mean only industrial uses of hemp. I am not taking issue with the (dubious) medical claims for THC or whatever canibinoids.

The lack of empircial evidence is why I question the hempsters.

I don't think a free market is neccessary. Cuba has great medical care. N. Korea has a decent military. They both suffer from trade sactions. If hemp were to do half of what the hempsters claim it does, why would those tin pot dictators not use industrial hemp for their own gain?

Well I'm admittedly no expert but I believe the (validated) claims for it are from CBD, not sure exactly what the THC part does.I'm curious as to how N Korea can use a decent military to help its citizens.

If you read the last sentence, you will notice I never claim anything about helping citizens.

"They both suffer from trade sactions. If hemp were to do half of what the hempsters claim it does, why would those tin pot dictators not use industrial hemp for their own gain?"

:woot: HAHAHA! Yeah! When compared with Somalia! are you serious? really?

This is like claiming how great your child raising is because how obedient your child is but leaving out that you beat the child into submission.

The topic is hemp. If you would like to dicusss the topic, please do. Otherwise, I am not sure why you are here.

The topic is hemp. If you would like to dicusss the topic, please do. Otherwise, I am not sure why you are here.

Awwww, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were allowed to post incorrect statements to support your arguments and then get away with something like "not the topic".  But if that's how you wanna play....

Why did you punctuate the topic heading with a question mark?

If you weren't indeed curious, you should have just made the topic "Hempsters are dumb for thinking stuff"

Why did you post about my use of punctuation and not add anything to the thread? If you don't have anything to add, just say I don't have anything to add.

Awwww, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were allowed to post incorrect statements to support your arguments and then get away with something like "not the topic".  But if that's how you wanna play....

Another post that neither supports or questions hemp.  Why are you in this thread?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.