Forgiveness, Peace of Mind for the Vengeful

Guest e Yer

To all the hurt and broken people who have called in to speak to Stefan, I want to offer a gift, from a religious prospective to those victims. In podcast 2563, timecode: 26:55 - 31:40, Stefan spoke to a 22-year old who was taunted, and teased by classmates. Stefan said he has seen those who teased, taunted, and hurt him fall into ruin in later life. I agree, I've seen the same in my life experiences. I'm older than Stefan. He said God has nothing to do with it, but I disagree. Those people in the workplace who have protected their job by bearing false witness against me, have to this day become imprisoned and brain rotted in the very job they once valued enough to lie and slander to defend. Some have even come down with disability that ended their careers. I have no voodoo dolls and haven't prayed for their demise. My belief is that It is God carrying out justice. Former Vice President Dick Cheney, who help plan the invasion of Iraq that murdered so many innocent Iraqis, has had multiple heart attacks but still isn't granted the mercy of death. Former President George W. Bush who weaseled the U.S.into launching the Iraq war and occupying that nation through his terms in office, is under "house arrest" so to speak in the U.S. and has aged considerably. Many the U.S. troops that contributed to the slaughter in Iraq, if not physically disabled for the rest of their natural lives, are suffering for PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Forgiveness, in a Christian sense, isn't shaking hands and making up with the one(s) who have victimized you. It is trusting God to do the punishing so that you can live your life without the trauma of vengeful anger and hate. It is also seeing how cleverly God turns bad things into good for all those who believe. I have seen that miracle more often than the former because I disassociate with evil people and put them behind me. It's also comforting to know that in your darkest moment in life, Jesus knows the truth and is with you to see you through.

It is trusting God to do the punishing so that you can live your life without the trauma of vengeful anger and hate. It is also seeing how cleverly God turns bad things into good for all those who believe. I have seen that miracle more often than the former because I disassociate with evil people and put them behind me. It's also comforting to know that in your darkest moment in life, Jesus knows the truth and is with you to see you through.

So we shouldn't be vengeful, hateful and angry, and let God be vengeful and hateful for us? If that's the case, as you pointed it out, then you're worshiping a vengeful, hateful god. But isn't worshiping a vengeful, hateful god is in itself quite telling that you are vengeful and hateful? So that's not putting evil people behind you because what you're doing is literally delegating vengeance and hate.

Now tell me, why do you think is it just for people that have wronged us to receive punishment? Furthermore, what's the algorythm of the punishment, should the punishment be more, less or equal to the crime?

...My belief is that It is God carrying out justice. ...

This makes me feel a lot better now. I trust your god to punish dictators like Fidel Castro in Cuba, I'm sure that after 50 years of ruling that country to the ground he will not be allowed to live past 100 years old or something. Yeeee :blink:

It seems like a person who dies is being punished and if the person is still alive "still isn't granted the mercy of death" Which is it?

god works in mysterious ways indeed.

Dear Wuzzums:

It's about justice in the end for those who have been victimized. Religion teaches that this world of man is inherently an evil place. When you are wronged you just continue being good and virtuous and all good things will come from bad for those who believe. In bible words "turn the other cheek." Don't "eye for an eye". Trust that God will take car of it. Statism is evil for example. Look at all the bad things the U.S. have done to minorities and other people in other parts of the world, for example. The message is don't retaliate like Mandela but instead be like Martin Luther King. God will see to it that evil will collapse in the end, and if you "had a dream", all good dreams and prayers will come true!

God Bless you for asking and Merry Christmas,

-e yer

Dear Wuzzums:

It's about justice in the end for those who have been victimized. Religion teaches that this world of man is inherently an evil place. When you are wronged you just continue being good and virtuous and all good things will come from bad for those who believe. In bible words "turn the other cheek." Don't "eye for an eye". Trust that God will take car of it. Statism is evil for example. Look at all the bad things the U.S. have done to minorities and other people in other parts of the world, for example. The message is don't retaliate like Mandela but instead be like Martin Luther King. God will see to it that evil will collapse in the end, and if you "had a dream", all good dreams and prayers will come true!

God Bless you for asking and Merry Christmas,

-e yer

Yes, thank you for reiterating your previous point and for the holiday wishes and right back atcha... but how about answering the questions I asked? I thought this was a conversation.

It's also comforting to know that in your darkest moment in life, Jesus knows the truth and is with you to see you through.

How does he know? How do you know he knows? I spent countless hours praying to the emptiness when I believed and I was worse off for it. If I had spent that time improving myself instead of pleading with my imaginary friend to do it for me maybe my prayers would have been answered...

The Bible says every word is "God breathed" so it isn't Christian when you say you ignore the parts of the Bible that you don't like.

Dear Jer,

The books of the bible, especially the old testament, was written by someone. Just like in life, you can't believe every word of the preacher (it's his interpretation of scripture for the good of his congregation or the good of his own self interest.) You can't believe every word of mine, or Stefan. The bible is filled gems of philosophical wisdom. It has parables, or stories, where Jews are the main character in the plot that tells of the universal human experience and nature of man. Parts of it is like Nostradamus, it has prophesy. You can't just pray and hope. In life, knowing yourself, and receiving your calling and acting on it will lead to struggle, hardship and open up a world of wisdom as you journey through life. In growing food, the first process is to know how to match the plant with the environment. The next is to plant the seed. The next to monitor, water, and maintain its growth. Just praying without acting is like just having an intent to plant a seed and it ends there. So you discovered that yourself, spend more time improving yourself, and discovering yourself and less time praying and hoping. Your prayers will then be answered. Jesus told Thomas. "Blessed are those who believe and who have not seen." This is after Jesus revealed himself in the afterlife. I came to believe because I have seen miracles (prayers answered) in my life. So I am not of the Jesus' blessed few. You have just seen for yourself that good things come from bad for those that believe. Your countless hours "wasted" praying weren't wasted because you now realize you must spend time "improving yourself. Prior to this experience, no one could have convinced you otherwise. Me signing on to FDR site and giving you feedback on this matter, by the way, may not be a total coincidence.

Thanks for making the effort to improve yourself through this inquiry,

God bless you,

e yer

Dear Wuzzum:

People seek justice in this evil and injustice world. If you are one those, you need not spend time seeking justice on your own, Count of Monte Cristo style, but can continue pursuing your life's purpose and leave God to punish those who harmed you. In other words, Yes, God is vengeful against evil so be careful if you are evil.

Merry Christmas and God Bless you,

e yer

You wrote a wall of text but didn't answer my questions. I agree that the Bible was written by imperfect people, but biblical doctrine disagrees when it says that every word is "God-Breathed". You seem to agree the Bible does contain errors and bad teachings. If you are able to discern what is correct and what isn't, why do you need the Bible at all?

Dear Jer:

You don't need the bible. The bible offers a window into the spiritual world where logical and philosophy falls short because man must reason things based on the physcial world. Some of the bible's advice have proven to be ageless. For example, "money is the root of all evil", "live by the sword, die by the sword", "man doesn't live by bread alone", "honor thy parents", "thou shall not commit adultery". These are all advice that people in the U.S. haven't been obedient to and now the country's society is falling apart. Some  accounts in the bible are evil and pointless, like the book of Joshua.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.