FDR, Agorism, Passion, and Education: The HoloLibrary Kickstarter

Josh F

Let me start with just a general thank you to people in this community.  Many of you have been privately sharing some really good advice on my project this last month and those notes have been put to good use. 

I am an entrepreneur.  I have spent the last 4 years contemplating how to provide completely free education to people around the world.  Projects like Khan Academy and Dan Carlin's Hardcore History have been big inspirations.  Now it is my time to enter the fold....

I am developing a 3d virtual reality encyclopedia, with fully immersive historic and scientific simulations, absolutely free to the end user.  New technology in VR, crowdsourcing, and game development have converged to make this fantastic idea of simulated reality very real. 

Imagine riding with Genghis Khan, plummeting through a volcano into the earth's lava core, touring the cardiovascular system, experiencing birth, meeting Socrates....  well... if that sounds cool to you then check out my kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/380527404/hololibrary-the-3d-encyclopedia

Please do not let this take away from any donations you might make to FDR.  And please share it on your facebook and with your friends.  I've gotten to know a lot of you since I've been here and I feel very honored to share this project with you guys.  Any questions, ideas, feedback, or anything else just reply below and I'll get back to you. 

PS.

FDR contributors do get a special Philosophy Nerd SOCRATES shirt instead of the other shirt on the site (if you want).  

SocratesShirt_mockup4.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.