Rolling Stone paid someone to write this

Even though I'm 45, I'm retroactively entitled to the kind of work I wanted to do when I was 22--work that didn't blow.

But instead of tutoring or community farming (which blows), I'm entitled to a career of being a coffee house philosopher by day and the bass player in a funky jazz fusion band by night, preferably in a cool college town with lots of women who are attracted to part-time government-sponsored musician/philosophers.

And I'll need a car. And an apartment. And some cool furniture. And some upgrades to my music gear. That would be nice.

But I'm willing to "work" for all of this, but not in some crappy job for some rich 1% asshole who wants to pay me to do things that blow.

Lol. I love the tags!

I wonder how many economists were contacted during the "research" for this article. I wonder why everyone isn't guaranteed work already, why everybody doesn't own everything now. Maybe there is a reason for that. Haha

Why doesn't he hire everyone directly?

But instead of tutoring or community farming (which blows), I'm entitled to a career of being a coffee house philosopher by day and the bass player in a funky jazz fusion band by night, preferably in a cool college town with lots of women who are attracted to part-time government-sponsored musician/philosophers.

Surely Magnus, this should be gratis at our grand age in life.. :P

Around the end of point two he finally comes out and just wants to make working not something people have to do, esp. in the light of our self replicating robots.  

This article went around in my facebook circle and it even made some lefties wince.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.