Which programs deal with visiting dying relatives?

• 2 weeks later...

This is a powerful podcast. It helped me when my abusive mother was on her deathbed. Unfortunately having her two other children present, to be there for her, to watch her die albeit eventually in a medicated disconnected euphoria, made my absence less noticeable.  I don't regret doing it. I just wish I was less emotionally tortured by the whole situation.

That was a great podcast although what if you were to go to their deathbed and say "Rot in hell, asshole!".?

I guess I kind of have this fantasy about going to their funeral and wearing something completely inappropriate, like t-shirt and shorts, and giving a speech on the true nature of the people I knew.  And when their friends tell me they are sorry that they are dead, I'll just give a wide smile and say "I'm not.  I'm glad they're dead.".   Maybe it's just a fantasy though...  I probably saw it in a film.

That was a great podcast although what if you were to go to their deathbed and say "Rot in hell, asshole!".?

I guess I kind of have this fantasy about going to their funeral and wearing something completely inappropriate, like t-shirt and shorts, and giving a speech on the true nature of the people I knew.  And when their friends tell me they are sorry that they are dead, I'll just give a wide smile and say "I'm not.  I'm glad they're dead.".   Maybe it's just a fantasy though...  I probably saw it in a film.

I know it's a fantasy but it sounds a tad unhealthy, like an excess of unresolved bitterness, like bile eating oneself from the inside. A healthier fantasy might be imagining abusive people apologized and improved themselves. I agree though; being glad an abusive person is dead is definitely healthier than being stuck in a debilitating depression for weeks after.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.