Democracy in FDR

freemankind

Reputation points are signalled both to the post and poster, as far as i'm aware. And a posters low score will automatically hide their posts from view

The points are not a reflection of the truth value of the poster. Having one post severely down-voted does not mean that the poster is generally wrong or altogether non-virtuous.

As far as the posts being hidden, well… at least they are not being deleted or blocked. Ultimately, this is the way the board is set up – it's not perfect, nor will it ever be. From what I can tell, enormous amounts of the board's resources go to ensure capacity and stability of the system. These types of improvements possibly (and understandably) take a lower priority. At the same time, it looks like the feedback has been received and, hopefully, will be taken into consideration during the next upgrade.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it can also be used as an ideological weapon, as seen here. Prior to this occurring, I had received a PM from a 3rd party saying my interaction with Cornellius was "very empathetic and understanding, but being honest in your feelings of puzzlement."

I had already said all that I could on the subject. Cornellius claimed to wish to disengage, but then re-engaged for the purpose of harming me in order to coerce me into doing what he wanted, which I already was by letting it go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.