John Stewart on 1/9/14 OMG!!

richtrix

John Stewart came up on Hulu... why not I said. his first 5 mins fly in the face of basically everything Stef posted in his latest vid appending his show with Joe Rogan. 

It's hard to watch!!!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-9-2014/slumdogs-vs--millionaires

Be interesting to get stefs short rebuttal... Also... taking on John Stewart might get some publicity!

I don't know about publicity. He sort of did a head on once before:

Jon Stewart's 19 Tough Questions for Libertarians!

Can you give a brief summary? I'm curious about Stewart's arguments.

It begins with painting conservatives as siphons despite the statistics showing that conservatives give more to charities. He highlights officials commenting on how unemployment benefits were meant to be temporary, but can be extended at the expense of health care benefits. Which he mocks under the pretense that free health care is a righteous given.

I stopped watching at that point. It can be interesting seeing what the Mafia is up to. Before long, I just get nauseated at how transparent it all is despite so many people believing in it.

This is nothing more than "if you're not for our programs, you hate the poor" nonsense that the left wing always spouts. You're not going to change an opinion formed without logic by using logical thought.

The entire show is pushing a viewpoint for the audience that as most "news" is simply intended to reinforce their existing views. Without fail, all ethical and historical arguments fly in the face of the validity of their programs so it is natural to resort to "they hate the poor" mantra.

"Paying for tax cuts" is a phrase that represents the very pinnacle of the art of propaganda. It takes the core meaning of "pay" or "cost" or "give" and flips it around 180 degrees. A master stroke, really.

Do you people have any idea what it costs me not to steal your electronics while you're at work? How are we going to pay for me not-robbing you on the street? You conservatives just want to give people everything they already own! Jerks!

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.