dsay's audio reprocessing service

dsayers

Hello one and all. Many MP3 players and car stereos will start at the beginning of a track if you cut power to them in the middle of a track. This can be a real problem if the track is an hour long or whatever. I would like to be able to help FDR and so I thought I'd offer a service to chop up audio books/podcasts down to manageable tracks as I am able. This thread can serve as a place for people to request specific items.

As a disclaimer, I am limited by factors such as my own time, my ISP's data cap, etc. Please limit requests to publicly released works by Stefan Molyneux. Some works are split in half due to host limitation of 200 MB per file.

An Introduction to Philosophy 165 MB

Everyday Anarchy 156 MB

On Truth 98.9 MB

Practical Anarchy: 1st half 124 MB - 2nd half 124 MB

Real Time Relationships: 1st half 127 MB - 2nd half 125 MB

Universally Preferable Behavior 78.4 MB

Edited by dsayers

There are loads of free file hosters. These vary in different ways. Try to look for the following services:

• unlimited storage capacity
  • unlimited store duration
  • unlimited bandwidth

From my own experience, I can say http://mediafire.com/ is used a lot. It fits nearly all the above mentioned criteria. Only downside is the file-size is maximum 200 MB.

It would appear that the host is down, possibly permanently. Does anybody have a suggestion for a free host? The longer they'll host a given file without it being accessed, the better.

Thanks. My initial impression of them is pretty good, so I'll begin re-uploading now. I really like their content retention policy. Will make this thread far more productive in the long run since anything I convert will more or less be available indefinitely. Plus, I think I've downloaded from them before and the experience was less of a hassle than the host I used at first.

[EDIT]

All links now restored.

Edited by dsayers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.