My first sales job

AnCapJavi

There's two things that are true about every salesman: They are liars and they do not care about you. In short, don't be a liar or somebody more interested in the money they can make off a person than the fact that it is a person they are talking to. Yes, I've been in sales a couple times myself and actually did quite well the time it was in regards to computer hardware. I did well there because I knew the products as well as the industry in general. And because I didn't fall into the generality above. YMMV.

Congratulations AnCapJavi, that's great that you got your first sales job.  I found that working in sales has improved my ability to represent my own thoughts to others as well as myself and skills to potential employers as well as represent the various products that I have sold in my career.  One of the very first things I would recommend is to study how to present information, as there is a science to your approach.  Professor Robert Cialdini of Arizona State University has great information regarding the principals of influence that give really good insight on how people receive information and what they respond to.  There are various videos and published works from Cialdini and others on his work easily discovered with a quick web search.  I wish you great success in your new endeavour.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.