Statist (video) propaganda equating public school with freedom

fractional slacker

You just need to copy and paste the YT URL to embed. You can check it's embedded, if you go to the 'more reply options', before posting.

Regarding this video. Yes I saw it last night on FB. It's the worst attempt at black comedy (with a propaganda twist) I've seen in a while.

In case you want to know who paid for this:

Special thanks to
Learn For Life Foundation of WA
City of Wanneroo
Aranmore Catholic College
Chadwick Model Management
Frog Management
Muse Bureau
Nando's
All Seasons Catering
Yum Yum Audio
Soundbyte Studios
Location Equipment
Blue Forest Media
OCP 
Emma and Chris Roberts
Craig Shand
Annette Preshaw
Bev Haigh
Tanya Muia
Andrea Gibbs
Joel Crane
Sam Winzar
Greg Stirling

Set Yourself Free is a brand new commercial for the Learn for Life Foundation of Western Australia. www.learnforlifewa.org.au

http://www.learnforlifewa.org.au/

But yea. That video was really messed up.... Idk  what else to say.

My theory is that they paid a lot of money beforehand but didn't offer too many details as to what they wanted. And the makers of the clip just went for shock value. Doubt it was meant to have some message, just meant to stick.

Another one of their commercials to prove my point:

Set Yourself Free is a brand new commercial for the Learn for Life Foundation of Western Australia. www.learnforlifewa.org.au

http://www.learnforlifewa.org.au/

But yea. That video was really messed up.... Idk  what else to say.

After watching it again I guess I missed some pretty major clues to it being Australian. In the few blood curdling screams that they made you could hear there was an Australian accent. I wasn't really focusing on that with all the body parts and blood flying around.  :sad:

I have no idea what Australian film ratings are like, if they have any.

xelent- thank you for instructions to embed. I agree, the video is disturbing to say the least.

dsayers- not exactly a model based on the free market, now is it.

corpus mentium- when bombs come out, I (and most rational folk) tend to lose interest in exploring the message, yes?

Wesley- How many sociopaths does it take to make a ridiculous video? I could be wrong, but I would guess everyone on that list  has a dog in the fight/rent seeking. Shock value? Could be. Don't these people have anything better to do?

Wuzzums- More revolting, vile, rubbish. That one is even more obscure. WTH? I guess freedom has been reduced to blood and guts. Makes sense.

Nerburg- that makes sense. I find it gratuitous violence which I suppose is an effective means for propaganda. It did its job as I am thinking about it and discussing it on a message board.

that is the most retarded thing I have ever seen I've never known anyone to die from lslacking off from the shitty schools

Even if they did, it wouldn't be because school was an option that wasn't being utilized in the moment. I think a case could be made that being blown up would be easier on them than having to be imprisoned for 12 years, have no skills, have to become indebted the rest of their lives just to compete with coercive regulations and hurdles of entry, etc. The latter involves a lot of suffering AND feeding the state involuntarily.

Just to add to my previous line: I am still interested in clarification on your response to me, especially if I missed your point, but if I take the response at face value, I would have to disagree. Do we not see postings of Facebook conversations and the like about topics such as spanking, public school, politics, etc? Do we not watch other disturbing videos or read disturbing quotations/memes and then comment on them, whether they include, for example, actors such as the video above or the actual victims such as Hillary Adams being whipped by her father? I would think that the people on a forum like this one would be very interested in exploring the message. Maybe someone would be interested in offering a counterargument or alternate viewpoint to those who might have otherwise simply taken in the message as fine and acceptable. Maybe the counterarguments would be useful to others here who might not have otherwise thought them up. I know, at least in my case, that there have been points/counterarguments brought by others here against disturbing topics and messages, and they have been enormously helpful to me. These people would have needed to have explored the disturbing content first.

Isn't the foundation of this forum basically the search for truth and the discussion of the bomb on the beach (or rather the gun in the room)? How can we do that by not discussing certain things?

I've lived in WA on and off for the last 20 years.  This video doesn't surprise me at all.   It's like a bizarre large country town (Perth) with all the weirdness that comes with them. Thank God for the internet, because I would have gone insane long ago in this town without it.

People scare-mongering by blowing people up on beaches??  I think there is a significant amount of mental illness around here before I watched that and people freak out almost universally at any criticism of the government more so than anywhere else I've been.

I'm afraid that I don't understand. Could you elaborate on what you mean by this? I am curious as to why you posted it if not to have people watch it, think about it and perhaps publish their responses to it.

You are correct. It was posted to be viewed and commented on.

Sorry for not being clear in my response to you. I meant to say the message is irrelevant if they have to use violence/fear as a marketing tool.

Guest Exceptionalist
Really not understanding any of this. None of the different parts really follow, or at least I can't follow them. Perhaps there is something that has gone far over my head.

Easy fellow, the only alternative to the state run propaganda system is slacking off and due to the "war on slacking off," you end up dead. This makes no sense at all, so I guess those are just some bullshit snuff movies which are meant to be funny, but aren't the slightest bit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.