Suggestion: add option to collapse top section

Cosmin

Hi, 

It is a bit annoying to have the top section of the forum so big - the one with the upcoming events and the various donator-only files. On each page I have to scroll down before I get to see the actual content.

Could you add an option to collapse that region(and remember this setting for the user)?

Thanks!

Thank you both. For awhile there, I was considering getting an addon that allows for layout override. Since I already use ABP, the suggestions above fits the bill just fine.

How do we kill the page title also? It's very large as well. It can be helpful for thread titles, but not useful to me for section titles. I'd like to try eliminating it altogether, but it's been a LONG time since I've done HTML. I tried:

board.freedomainradio.com##.ipsType_pagetitle

It got rid of the text, but not the whole section. Here's a picture of what I mean, with the desired culling overlayed in red:

Oh nice about turning off signatures. Usually it's in the main board prefs section.

dsayers, I got board.freedomainradio.com##.ipbfs_titlebox to hide the thread title. And I was able to remove the .title one. I also found I could get rid of the Reply button at the top with board.freedomainradio.com##.topic_controls. Then I went overboard and got rid of everything but the thread contents, but I won't bother posting those. :)

Less important than top stuff:

What lines would I need to use to remove most of the bottom stuff? Under the reply windows is a few icons I don't need, an "also tagged" section (on threads were the author used tags), and the section with all the social media and iTunes links is what I'm talking about. I'd like to keep the reading this topic section if possible.

I've been using these for a few days (I have a bookmark to the top-level page listing all the subforums, since these remove those links). I made them by using the Element Hiding Helper and just clicking on them, no delving into the HTML.

board.freedomainradio.com##.ipbfs_titleboxboard.freedomainradio.com##.messageboard.freedomainradio.com##.topic_controlsboard.freedomainradio.com###brandingboard.freedomainradio.com###secondary_navigationboard.freedomainradio.com###topic_statsboard.freedomainradio.com###footer_socialmediaboard.freedomainradio.com##.topic_share.left.shareButtons.ipsList_inlineboard.freedomainradio.com###footer_utilities

I was able to slim things down a bit as well as eliminate the also tagged box:

board.freedomainradio.com##.ipsBox_container.removeDefault
board.freedomainradio.com##.maintitle

[EDIT]
I've used this approach for Netflix too. A while back, they started including this billboard on the personalized page that did nothing for me except displace the stuff I was actually trying to get to. If anybody else uses Netflix on their PC, try this:

movies.netflix.com###billboard
Edited by dsayers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.