Has anyone here ever had a psychotic break from reality?

Jami

I had a psychotic break from reality about three weeks ago. I remember very little about what happened and who it affected. It's like I've lost 99% of my memory as to what happened and what I've said to the people around me. Now it just feels like I'm in a pitch black room and the candle went out. 

Has anyone gone through this? What did you do? How did it affect you?

I think I would label a drug induced experience I once had as a psychotic break. I don't have a clear memory of the things I did just little snips and it has changed me completely. I think it lasted a couple of months and damaged most of my relationships. 

I got fired (temporarily) from a job I'd had for 4 years before hand. My mom kicked me out of her house and took away my driving privileges (also temporarily). I ended up dropping out of school (eventually), quitting my jobs, and I've spent the last 2 years traveling on and off.

However, I started listening to Stef soon after and I think the most important thing you can do is try to learn why it happened. 

Have you tried to find anyone that may have been affected? Retracing your steps from before and after? Or therapy?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.